Sand Blasting

STAGGER

go to you'r local auto paint store and buy spray can 'airplane remover'..............it will strip to bare metal, won't leave any pitting in the surface ,and it's a whole hell of alot cheaper

There is a place in San Antonio over by the AT&T center that does sand blasting and powder coating, if you are looking for a little better longer lasting finish then this could be a very good option. We used them on our Formula car's chassis, suspension and numerous other components and where more then happy with the results, if your interested I will get you the info. Whatever you do, DO NOT use the little shop in Boerne, I can't remember the name but they have destroyed entire cars in the past.

shawn paul,

sorry i was joking.... back in school we joked and would always say h e double hockey sticks to not get in trouble...

FSAE.

interesting, will you PM me with what you ment by the Boerne company. we have used them several times and haven't had a problem...

alot of times when you bead (sand) blast you pit or dent or just plain distort thin gauge metal......sand blasting will leave an abrasive surface that will never give you a sheen finish again with out a high build primer before you paint............i'm guessing that is what he meant by destroyed.

...........i was wrong , it is called 'aircraft remover' i think.............on something that small that would be what i'd do , but what do i know?

Jason,

Shawn has the best answer for you here, blasting thin sheet can distort the metal if it is done incorrectly.

That product he mentioned, "Aircraft Stripper' is available in aerosol or liquid, and is my personal favorite stripper. (Paint, that is)

I think brushing the liquid on and hitting it with scotchbrite pads, while time consuming, will give you a better result after you paint it.

sorry i was joking.... back in school we joked and would always say h e double hockey sticks to not get in trouble...

Crap, now I guess I got to watch what the hell I say on this damn board.................

Jason,

Shawn has the best answer for you here, blasting thin sheet can distort the metal if it is done incorrectly.

That product he mentioned, "Aircraft Stripper' is available in aerosol or liquid, and is my personal favorite stripper. (Paint, that is)

I think brushing the liquid on and hitting it with scotchbrite pads, while time consuming, will give you a better result after you paint it.

Crap, now I guess I got to watch what the hell I say on this damn board.................

:D

somebody told me 'noodle' was your favorite stripper tom...........

Crazy,

I know who "Noodle" is, and no, Noodle ain't!!

He's a LEGEND in his own mind... :lol:

Archived