radios

j.j.&s.racing

I have never seen or heard of that...hmmmmm. What do you use for an ignition? Is there any possibility that your arm/elbow/sleeve "drags" across the cockpit side of the ingition switch or master power switch? How about the radio cables or push to talk cable "rattleing" around the power wires behind the switches?

I have chased power gremlins to switches more than once.

Jay

in kyle i used someone elses radios when i would hit the talk button it turned off the engine.i would move the cable around it did it sometime and sometime not. could it be the shield that hitting the bare chassi doing it?

Well, this sounds like to me that your wheels some how got magnetized. And since they are spinning they are creating an electrical vortex that is focused right at the center of the car and that is making the 500 milliwatt radio into a 500 megawatt radio. That huge amount of power that is now transmitting from the car when you key the radio up is causing the fuel in the fuel line to vapor lock. Gonna have to pull those wheels off and get them demagnetized. JMO, Neon Will

Actually, I think your computerized traction control system is interfering with your data aquisition system.

Forget about demagnitizing the wheels. The magnatized wheels work well with the embedded negative ion strips we put under SAS in the mid 90's.

Nick Holt

Actually, I think your computerized traction control system is interfering with your data aquisition system.

Forget about demagnitizing the wheels. The magnatized wheels work well with the embedded negative ion strips we put under SAS in the mid 90's.

Nick Holt

uuuuhhhhh......is that a speed secret?

Well, this sounds like to me that your wheels some how got magnetized. And since they are spinning they are creating an electrical vortex that is focused right at the center of the car and that is making the 500 milliwatt radio into a 500 megawatt radio. That huge amount of power that is now transmitting from the car when you key the radio up is causing the fuel in the fuel line to vapor lock. Gonna have to pull those wheels off and get them demagnetized. JMO, Neon Will
.lol

Nick Holt

kosher has a line on one of them traktion kontrol devices. bet it wont be cheap though....

are you people on drugs?does usra piss test there employes? looks like they need to.i talked to another guy and it kinda makes since.the reason we used these radios up at sa we would get walked on alot and some times when i would talk while at full song they would here nothing but static. the wons we barrowed cared more watts.if my harness has something bleeding to ground then wattage now has more to short out the ignition insted of just making it have static.i am runniing msd.imgoing to send off my wiring harnessand push pushbutton.

are you people on drugs?does usra piss test there employes? looks like they need to.i talked to another guy and it kinda makes since.the reason we used these radios up at sa we would get walked on alot and some times when i would talk while at full song they would here nothing but static. the wons we barrowed cared more watts.if my harness has something bleeding to ground then wattage now has more to short out the ignition insted of just making it have static.i am runniing msd.imgoing to send off my wiring harnessand push pushbutton.

To answer your two questions: 1) I'm not on illegal drugs, but I can't speak for the rest of the folks responding to your inquiry. 2) No.

Regarding your suggestion that USRA drug test their employees: I don't mind. But if I get tested then we ALL get tested.. LOL

Nick

to say any of the usra officials are on drugs is ridiculous and just plain rude. now if you were to say that you thought a few of them had been drinking prior to a racin' event, you might not be to far off base. now notice i didn't say what they had been drinking...

ok, seriously.... yes, you might be having problems between your msd and your radios. i have a number for one of the r&d guys at msd in el paso. i'll pm you monday with it......

ive run msd's for years, ive had boxes fail, and radios get interferance through the cage due to bad shielding. But to suggest that a low power, high frequency transmission from a radio can shut off a msd box is really a stretch. Im not saying its impossible, but its close to it. It sounds more like a wiring issue.

As for the pee test. It may come to that for all of us. How many of you know about those people who sneak a couple of drinks down during an event. Now that is a bomb waiting to go off.

john have you ever heard of spell check.

Archived