Mike Helton to DEI?!?!?

WildRacer5

It was reported on Jayski.com (Take his stuff for what you will, I know some don't like it) that Mike Helton the president of NASCAR was going to step down a become a part owner and even a head dog over at DEI. Now my questions are what or how is that move going to beneifit himself or DEI. Does he/ would he still be concidered one the most powerful men in motorsports. Does this mean that DEI could be wanted to expand into racetrack operations. Just a few questions that I have, I can't see that leaving Nascar would be better for him.

:blink:

I know that it is not Texas racing news but may someway effect all of racing if new Nascar management has a change in thinking with a new president.

You're thinking of Gary Nelson, the fox hired to guard the henhouse from other foxes.

He has done a good job, but the one to watch is Lesa France Kennedy, who is beginning to emerge as the next top dog in NASCAR. Check her bio at "Know your NASCAR" on nascar.com.

2nd link works.

I guess it is just one of those deals where nascar and most importantly TV Networks want to make the most they can by having the most popular drivers win and be competative. There are a lot of racefans out there that will stop watching a race when there favorite driver is out of a race. There have been rumors of this kind of cheating for years in Nascar. different type of cheating from the Pettys to Waltrips. I sometimes find it hard to beleive that a team that is struggling to perform well and loses a sponsor can suddenly step up thier program and win and then land a sponsor. Has anyone else heard the rumor about how nascar when to Hendrick Motorsports the day after the 96 Winston and confiscated the "T Rex" car and took all the CAD plans off the computer and told Henrick that if he ever ran another car like this again he he would not be running in Nascar.

Beside I my own opinion there is no way that nascar would suspend or even fine a majo team that wins races and is a nascar poster boy for cheating. That doesn't even fall into the catagory of any press is good press. SO nascar will either turn the other check or fine then under the table.

Archived