TPS 2006 Awards Dinner

TPS 2006 Awards Dinner Scheduled

The Texas Pro Sedans Series 2006 annual Awards Dinner will be held for TPS Members, Race Officials, Sponsors and TPS fans in San Antonio on Saturday evening, November 11.

Following is information for TPS members and the public:

Day/Date………Saturday night, November 11, 2006

Time………….... 6:00pm/6:30pm – TPS Race DVD viewing -- dinner orders taken – meals served - 7:00pm/8:30pm -- program and awards presented

Place…………... Carlos Kelly’s Restaurant & Party House (210/648-4184)

Location……….6846 Highway 87 East, San Antonio, Texas (south side of Hwy 87)

Directions……..2.2 miles outside Loop 410 at Rigsby on Highway 87 East

Optional meal..Optional Dinner orders may be placed by attendees at 6:00pm.

Dinner Menu…..Varied selections and prices (15% tip included, no admission charge)

Dress code…….Casual

TPS Race Director Neil Upchurch will present a race-by-race season summary.

TPS Driver Bruce Mabrito will present his special TPS post season essay.

Receiving championship awards will be the 2006 Texas Pro Sedans Champion Donnie Moore. He will be presented with his second TPS Champions Plaque by 2005 TPS Champion Sergio Hexsel. Joshua Tuttle will receive the TPS “Rookie of the Year” Award by the 2005 runner-up, Lloyd Hart. Moore and Tuttle will also receive Hoosier Racing Tire Jackets. Several Texas Pro Sedan Sponsors, Host Tracks and Members will receive Appreciation and Service Awards.

2007 Rules & Specifications will be distributed at a short business meeting following the awards portion of the program schedule.

All TPS members, officials and sponsors are urged to attend this season ending event. TheTexas Pro Sedans member attendance at this party will put a proper finishing touch on the 31st consecutive season and will initiate the 32nd season of Texas Pro Sedans racing.

For questions - call Neil Upchurch. Please RSVP your attendance (yes or no).

Call Neil at 210/655-3222 - or > e-mail response to.........neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

I just hope Bruce Mabrito isn't getting an award...HAHA...

:D:lol::lol:B)

Luv ya, Bruce...

Actually, Bruce is due for a motorsports "Lifetime Achievement Award."

Some of you only know Bruce for his support of TPS, but in his day - not so long ago, really - Bruce was a nationally recognized road course/sports car type with Daytona, Sebring, etc. on his resume. He was also instrumental in bringing the San Antonio Grand Prix to town while he was the motorsports writer for the Express-News - a job he did exceptionally well for many years.

Bruce also did very well driving a mini stock at Pan American Speedway with several feature wins under his belt.

Nick

Actually, Bruce is due for a motorsports "Lifetime Achievement Award."

You got that right, Nick...

Once I get Neil Upchurch voted into the Texas Motorsports Speedway Hall of Fame, Bruce will be my next candidate... :D;)

Bruce also did very well driving a mini stock at Pan American Speedway with several feature wins under his belt.

Hmmm, Nick, Wonder how you know something about that..............................

Have a little to do with a Vega?

Hmmm, Nick, Wonder how you know something about that..............................

Have a little to do with a Vega?

Tom,

You have a memory that is way beyond incredible. The Vega goes back to the mid 1970s at Pan American Speedway on Saturdays and what was once called Paramount Speedway in Austin (later Lonestar) on Fridays.

That little Vega (that I co-owned with Johnny Ivy) was the first race car to benefit from the hours and hours I spent studying suspension engineering at the Southwest Research SAE library. I put my newly derived spring rate formula to good use in that car.

Bruce drove the snot out of that Vega once we got it handling.

Nick

Archived