San antonio/August 16th

hubb44

For my part Saturday night's show was my best spent local racing $20 in many a year since All Pro last came to SAS. Proves one thing. Car count plays a big part in making the show attractive on a 1/2 mile track. The show established that the three series ,when billed on the same show,creates an event of significance which can demand a $20 front gate price and the people will come. The race fans will come anyway. It is the event goers that grow the croud and there should be no one who attended who could legitimately complain about the price or the quality of the show. It took about 40 minutes to get out of the parking area. A little traffic direction on the highway would help. Hats off to all who were involved in the entire program from the thinkers to the doers and especially to the competitors. We would drive from Corpus every time a show of that caliber is on the slate. Thanks again for a great evening of racing.

Well they should be having the same show format as this one. All the TSRS cars along with the regulars that run at Kyle will be there. It is a regular scheduled event for both the modifieds as well as the Romco cars. Not sure if they will be running the kyle regular cars yet or not.

I was on the competitor side both this weekend and the previous weekend that Robert Mullins and his staff have put on this event, along with the fine folks at TSRS and TAMS. They have been as well organized and smooth running as anything I have been part of in a long while. And when can a spectator ever remember being out of San Antonio at 11:00.

The weekend didn't go as I'd of liked it for my teams, but Mullins and Terry Barden and Wayne Norrell and everyone else did a great job putting on this show. Packed house, and good fields in each class. I hope other promotors are taking notes.....

Archived