Loss of a Racer

TalkinCorpus

Hansley Shorty Nagel, Drove the #7 Bomber car at CC Speedway for the past 2 years, He had proved consitent around the track, doing what he loved to do, never missed a race, and was a great person to be around. He had been battling cancer for some time now, and our hearts and prayers are with his wife, daughter, family and friends, as they struggle with the loss of a great man.

*Posted from Caller.com*

Race car driver at speedway dies

By staff reports

October 19, 2006

ARANSAS PASS — Hansley "Shorty" Nagel, a race car driver at Corpus Christi Speedway, earning Rookie of the Year honors in 2005, died Oct. 17, 2006. He was 58.

Survivors include his wife, Patricia; a daughter, Jennifer Graf of Rockport; a brother, Homer Nagel of Rockport; a sister, Virginia Nagel of Corpus Christi; and two grandchildren.

Services will be at 10 a.m. Oct. 21 at Charlie Marshall Funeral Home. Burial will be in Aransas Memorial Park Cemetery, Rockport.

I met Shorty last year when I was living in Rockport and made my racing debut at the "BULLRING". I pitted near him and he was one of the nicest and most polite person you could meet. I was amazed at the fact that he had cancer but wasn't giving up what he loved. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Archived