Roadrunner Transmissions

Heavy Duty

Now that Octoberfast is over, can we start discussing rules for next year?

We broke five automatic transmission cases this year, all around the bellhousing area. Three of them were TH-350's and two of them were powerglides. It was also on two different cars (since the first one was totalled). Solid mounts, rubber mounts, three mount set-ups, four mount set-ups, even created a five mount set-up. I'm getting tired of changing the cases out, not to mention the cost. And I know some of the other RR's were having problems also.

When we ran a car with a manual, it was good for an entire season. The Roadrunners are supposed to be an economy class. It would be much cheaper to run a manual, and more reliable too (can you say car count?). If manuals were allowed, perhaps a weight break (say 50 lbs.) could be given to automatics.

Any other ideas on this subject?

Thanks.

Now that Octoberfast is over, can we start discussing rules for next year?

We broke five automatic transmission cases this year, all around the bellhousing area. Three of them were TH-350's and two of them were powerglides. It was also on two different cars (since the first one was totalled). Solid mounts, rubber mounts, three mount set-ups, four mount set-ups, even created a five mount set-up. I'm getting tired of changing the cases out, not to mention the cost. And I know some of the other RR's were having problems also.

When we ran a car with a manual, it was good for an entire season. The Roadrunners are supposed to be an economy class. It would be much cheaper to run a manual, and more reliable too (can you say car count?). If manuals were allowed, perhaps a weight break (say 50 lbs.) could be given to automatics.

Any other ideas on this subject?

Thanks.

Sorry to burst your bubble but, either your installing them wrong or something is bent. it is not normal to break that many under normal racing conditions. GOOD LUCK

I had the same problem with an old hobby stock i once had , here is what the problem is. Chances are yout driveshaft is a little to long and when you hit the bumps coming out of turn 2 the driveshaft get forced in the transmission and breaks the bell housing. Try this , measure from the rear seal of your transmission to the center of the u joint saddle on the rear end. thake the driveshaft to (DS unlimited or whoever) and they will cut the driveshaft down to the correct length.

Or just give driveshafts unlimited a call, and for alittle more money they will come out measure and everything and even make you a driveshaft to match your current car configuration... We deal with them at work all the time to make drive shafts for the big rigs... It wont be as cheap as doing the leg work yourself but its still cheaper than if your wrong and keep breaking tranny's

• 1 month later...

with different cars and different transmission was the motor same could be issues with flywheel balance problem or harmonic transfuring to weaker area. General motors has two types of flywheels,one uses weights for harmonics and one is used with a harmonic balancer. If you use a balancer flywheel and a harmonic balancer it will tin can your bellhousing.

Archived