Martin Truex Jr. to visit San Antonio Wednesday

I hope none of the tsz poster did not waste your valuable time on this autograph session 2hrs line moved 100 yards 20 yards left and they left the building to catch flights thanks B ass Pro Shop . Sales ad handed out at front door stated autograph session from 5:30 til 8:30 I arrived at 5:45

We went, and got there a little after 4:00 PM. The autograph line was already very long. For as many people that had shown up, I think they did a great job in coordinating the whole thing. It could have been a lot worse. My wife stood in the line, while I took the children over to see the introduction speech. That is when all of the "stars" came out on stage, and they gave all the grand opening speeches. That was about 5:30 PM... After they were done, we went back to the line and waited with my wife. Line moved very slowly.... But everyone had to file past all of the "star" ... a former Dallas player, former basketball player, Wally and Truex, and then a host of anglers, hunters, and Ms. San Antonio... By the time we got up there, you could tell, these folks were tired. Signing just about everything and shaking hands for hours.

My children wanted to give Wally and Truex something, so they gave them each one of my racing T-Shirts... They both seemed pleased that some young fans wanted to do something for them. Wally even asked my daughter to sign the shirt for him! That made it worth the wait!!!

Any way, overall, Wally was really cool. It was the first time I met him, even though he has been to THR several times. BTW - He said he planned to come out to the USAC race on Sunday, but it was rained out... Oh - someone on here that knows him needs to get him on here. He said he hasn't heard of TXSZ!! LOL...

Martin was also very cool. He seems like a pretty quiet guy overall. My son handed him the shirt and again, he seemed genuinely grateful that a young fan would think enough to stand in such a long line to give him something!!

First time standing in line for anything like autographs. It was a long wait. Would we do it again... That's a tough decision, but I guess if it was for true gentlemen of the sport like these to are... probably.

Archived