Helping the Troops

chiefs13

Be sure to read the "announcements,Press releases" page about helping the troops. Lets talk this one up to everyone you know is coming. We want to have a good donation to help out and with this being last minute, people might not know about it if they don't look at the "Announcements, Prss Releases" page

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best things you could do for the troops over in Iraq is to sponsor one of them. Get in contact with someone who knows a person that is in Iraq and have them give you a list of stuff that they miss or are really hard to come by over there. I.e. the little things like candy, snacks, magazine, etc... These men and women are putting thier lives on the line everyday for our country and we cannot even begin to imagine what they go through, nor will we ever know. I see the wounded and injured come through Ramstein AB, Germany, on thier way to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and sometimes it is not a pretty sight to see. Now that the "Shock and Awe" is overwith, I think the nation has a whole has forgotten about what our troops are doing, regardless if they want to be there or not. The last I heard on the news was 2010. 2010, are you kidding me!!! These troops need our support and they need to know we care about them. It wouldn't cost you a lot of money to send a small box of things they want or need, maybe just a little bit of your time. Trust me, these guys will appreciate it.

Tim

Jody,

It didn't look like they had gotten many donations (personal items or money) during the Oktober'FAST' race. We have invited them back for the ASA race on October 21. So, please, help these folks out - it's for a very worthwhile cause.

come on drivers teams all you have to bring is is something you can go and buy at the store everyday .toothpaiste shaveing cream toothbrushes .smellies .a big thing is wipes .one list i bought into the most sweetooth item oreo cookies .that was way up on the list .for the ladies i had a women go and pick those items out that a women would need .so here we are trying to get out to the races to have fun .that 12 pack of beer can give way to sending youR friends over in that ugly war something to put a smile on there face .so lets see some support .if you dont have the money ,send THEM youR best wishes . but send something . DEB GET A LIST FROM THEM OF THE MOST WANTED ITEMS .THAT IS WHAT THAT LITTLE STORE IN THREE RIVERS DID AND I STOPED MY DELIVERYS LONG ENOUGH TO SPEND A 100 DALLORS I REALLY DIDNOT HAVE .BUT ITS FOR OUR TROOPS . THAT LIST MADE IT REAL EASY AND SEEING IT WAS IN MY FACE WHEN I WALKED IN . I COULD NOT TURN AND WALK AWAY .REMEMBER THE SONG BOBBY VENTON HAD OUT . LONELY .ABOULT A MAN IN A WAR . LITTERS NEVER A LITTER . I HAVE NOBODY TO CALL ON THE PHONE . IM MISTER LONELY .TODAY WE HAVE BETTER WAYS TO TALK TO EACH OTHER AND CAN GET ITEMS EASYIER . SO WHAT IS IT YOU ARE GOING TO PUT ON THE TOP OF YOUR LIST TODAY .BEER OR [ FRIENDS .]......DESERT COP GIVE US SOME OF YOUR IMPUT YOUR OVER THERE .

Archived