Message for NeonWill

ford12

Lloyd I would love to have some dirt races thrown in the mix,but you know our tires don't have enough rubber to groove them,but some tracks do run slicks on dirt,usually asphalt take offs.I do have some BFG treaded tires though.

I know. and while I would love to see it happen, I am not going to hold my breath. Besides the difference in rubber, we would also have to pull our windshields, and I am not sure how many TPS drivers would be willing to do that and put mesh up for a race or two.

But if the powers that be can work it out, I know several will, and what a race that will be!! :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
E.J. what is all that dirt on the side of your car behind your front tire? Looks like my car.....Is your car a front wheel drive?

Lloyd, what you said about having a track in your back yard is very true. I thought I was going to run some TPS races this year. I really did, but I have a very nice well ran track almost in my back yard. About 14 miles. It is to good to be true. What more could I ask for. So far this year I wound up running I think 21 races this year, thats alot of races. It is to hard for me to not support my local track that gives me such a good place to race. You guys are also very lucky because you have such a great orginazation to race in. If I lived in the central Texas area I would race TPS. I hope next year I can run a few TPS races. We will see what happens next year. TPS cars on dirt, cc dirt cars on asphalt, that would be cool! Neon Will

Good deal Will - Would love to have all you guys run a race or two with us. If things work out, I plan to seriously try and get a dirt race or two myself in '07!

Lloyd we ran with the windshields at TDS in 94,but that was just the dirt from the the area out there,no clay.

Really?? Not sure I would be willing to do that. Of course the dirt track I ran was clay, and the track owner would never tell us if we were going to have a wet or dry track. He would choose to water it down after we were lined up to make it more interesting. I didn't use tearoffs, but had a wet rag tied to the roll cage and would wipe the face shield about once every lap. Some nights, it was so wet that if you had a windshield, just running behind someone down the straight on the watrm up lap would be enough to stop any forward visual.

B)

jessie and i ran it across our minds yesterday aboult raceing dirt in november just have to get oct 28 th over with .then we.ll see .if we run and it works out then maybe tps and sts can come up with something .who knows .

I hear you OT... That is our plan...Just got to get through Oct 28th first...then we can look what to do next!!

Archived