bad experience at the GN race

dirty

Tavo actually does this stuff cause hes a racer....

Other promoters do it because they have a very fragile ego and need that boost. I've heard MUCH worse from others.

Hey Tavo keep on what your doing man and see ya next Sunday for USAC maybe

Bigfat, Rockstan & Rebelracer:

Did not mean to offend. Maybe I should have taken more time to carefully choose my words. What I was trying to do was address the issues instead of ignoring and try and explain. No excuses, just very busy with the next show, my bad.

My point was that dirty had the right to be pissed because he was not informed by Napa. It states very clearly in our contract with Napa that a sticker had to be placed explaining. They dropped the ball and it was brought to our attention at 7:15pm on Saturday night. At the end of the day, it's our event and we are the ones held accountable regardless of where the problem started. What I was trying to state but came off wrong, was that I was surprised that someone would assume that for $12 dollars you would have access in the pits to a national NASCAR touring series televised event (and all the free entertainment inside...concerts, rock climbing, tatoo artists etc...) when a pit pass at regular Saturday shows at THR, SAS or Houston cost double or more. Our general admission ticket to NASCAR was $27 for adults, our general admission to the first USAC events on Texas asphalt in nearly 40 years is $20 for saturday and $23 for Sunday...couple dollars more at the gate. With THR, SAS and Houston all in the $18 range normally, we certainly feel these event ticket prices are very reasonable, hopefully you'll agree.

Dirty, please send your contact information and we will gladly refund you your money since you were misled.

no offense taken by me. i was just pointing out how the posts came off a little cocky......like i said, i dont know you so it wasnt a bash......it just came off as a little rude when someone who bought a ticket didnt get what he expected, pointed out the problem so you can maybe correct it for the next time, and he gets belittled bascially because of it.......if a non-weekly race fan bought the same pit pass and went thru the same deal, i doubt that person would return because they would feel like they were screwed.......the casual fan doesnt have a clue about hot pits and cold pits, they just know the radio said get your pit passes from napa and they go and purchase them......either way that is last weekend and this is now, good job bringing the bigger races to town, hope that will continue because the fan fare should eventually trickle down to the local races and that is good for everyone......

tavo, i truly appreciate all that you are doing to bring these races to thunderhill . alot of folks that follow nascar and enjoy it but may not be able to go see the big nextel cup show hopefully are coming to these events you are putting on. and many of them may be like myself in not knowing nascar event procedure. i was only hoping with my post to clarify for the future and vent a little. i understand there was a goof up on someones end and it happens,no big deal. i would like nothing more than to see these events succeed and although i appreciate your offer of a refund i will respectfully decline. i am looking forward to the usac races and as much as i'd love to stay home and be hard headed and prove a point,[whatever that may be :unsure: ] i will be in attendance. good luck with the race and thanks for your time..xxxooodirty

Guest bigfat
Bigfat,

Did not mean to offend. Maybe I should have taken more time to carefully choose my words. What I was trying to do was address the issues instead of ignoring and try and explain.

My point was that dirty had the right to be pissed because he was not informed by Napa. It states very clearly in our contract with Napa that a sticker had to be placed explaining. They dropped the ball and it was brought to our attention at 7:15pm on Saturday night. At the end of the day, it's our event and we are the ones held accountable regardless of where the problem started. What I was trying to state but came off wrong, was that I was surprised that someone would assume that for $12 dollars you would have access in the pits to a national NASCAR touring series televised event (and all the free entertainment inside...concerts, rock climbing, tatoo artists etc...) when a pit pass at regular Saturday shows at THR, SAS or Houston cost double or more. Our general admission ticket to NASCAR was $27 for adults, our general admission to the first USAC events on Texas asphalt in nearly 40 years is $20 for saturday and $23 for Sunday...couple dollars more at the gate. With THR, SAS and Houston all in the $18 range normally, we certainly feel these event ticket prices are very reasonable, hopefully you'll agree.

Dirty, please send your contact information and we will gladly refund you your money since you were misled.

Nice retort. So.... It was NAPAs fault...Dirty should have read yall's contract before the purchase was made....What YOU should have ASSumed was that everyone isn't as it ta leck cha wal as thee.. Maybe next time just have some class. As did "HEIL" & "Jason"?????A simple NAPAs fault would have sufficed.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That's too much to ask.

Congrats to :

All the winners @ OktoberFast......

Post script,

That guy is still an idiot..... Right? But we'll give you some of the misleading money that was made on parking????? Nice job. They're right.

Post script,

That guy is still an idiot..... Right?

Bigfat,

I usually agree with you on most subjects....but I'm going to ask your understanding on this one...

Look at the big picture here for just a second...Tavo has been buried for most of the past year making this event happen again at THR..and while it certainly might seem like Tavo did answer with a bit of sarcasm...please understand that he and Aryn White of Full Throttle Productions work very hard - and spend a lot of money - bringing this event to Central Texas...

I know that you know there are a lot of people who are making big efforts - and sacrifices - to improve racing in Texas...

I do know Tavo personally...So, I'm asking that you give him a "mulligan" on this one...he's a good guy and he puts in a LOT of time and hey - he did try to make amends...

thanks for listening...

Guest bigfat

I certainly understand Chuck. I'm not ragging his efforts and they are apprecitated by all I'm sure. Only thing is that if it was a first time fan that had purchased a ticket from NAPA and got kicked out because of a dropped ball, more than likely they wouldn't return for a NASCAR race much less a local show. Mulligan was granted by Dirty.

Chuck,

I think you are missing the point. I heard the radio ads regarding the pit passes. I'm smart enough (no comments, Jody) to know it costs more than $12 to get into the pits, but the ads made it sound like NAPA was sponsoring the extra cost. After all, you did have to pick them up at certain NAPA locations. One NAPA store in San Marcos was giving them away the day before the race. If you believe in customer service (keeping in mind we are talking about NASCAR), this guy could have been apeased by NASCAR or promoter. What would it cost to give a refund on his pit passes, give him a seat in the grandstands, and a coupon for some food? Or even better, give him a complimentary 1 day NASCAR License and a HOT pit pass. Instead of this thread he would have posted what a great organization NASCAR is and what a great promoter Tavo is. See the difference?

Archived