Austin vs Corpus Christi

Figured that would get your attention, Jason. :D:lol:

The Austin Ice Bats increased there stranglehold on CHL southeast division, with a 4-1 win over the Corpus Christi Rayz. After a scoreless first period, the Ice Bats, Jeff Greenlaw and Mike Rees scored power play goals to give the Bats a 2-zip lead at the end of the second period. The Rayz scored early in the final period after a defensive zone turnover led to a goal by Cosmo Dupaul. The Bats fought back with Gerald Tallaire and Mike Gaffney lighting the lamp, increasing the lead to 4-1. The Bats defense kicked in holding the Rayz at bay(GET IT?) to secure the win for back up goalie Peter Brady(no not that Peter Brady) 11-1. With the Bats overall record of 36-8-1 they have the best record in all of Pro/Semi-Pro hockey. The Rayz, Kenny Goetz added to his league leading 260 PIM's with 2, 2 minute minor roughing penalties and finally a 5 minute major for fighting with less than that left on the game clock. The guy reminds me of the ex-Dallas Stars Todd Harvey, a little guy with a big attitude.

You know it's a slow racing week when I resort to reporting on hockey. LMAO But it was a good game and change of pace. Being an ex-Yankee I'm still a big hockey fan. What a concept for a sport too, guys on razor sharp metal blades, with sticks as weapons, hurling a frozen piece of vulcanized rubber at 100MPH at each other.

Archived