idea for the zone

lbeaver087

Hey guys and gals,

Thanks for the great idea....as TQ mentioned, the idea had already been thought of---myself and another Zone personality have hit up the station to bring in MRN to broadcast the race on the air. However, the needed interest isn't there right now, and yes Krusty---I got laughed at myself! :lol::D

Unfortunately, it's just not feasible right now...however, keep plugging at it. After all, I've been whining, pleading, begging for a motorsports radio show for 4 years---and we finally got one! So, anything is possible, it just may take a little time... B)

WITH THE ALLSTAR RACE TRUCKS WE HAVE RACE TALK LIVE. ITA ON THE INTERNET THEY HAVE A LIVE TALK SHOW ON MONDAY NIGHTS 5 PM CENTRAL. AT WWW.RACETALK.COM ALSO THE DO LIVE RACES FROM THE NORTH EASTERN AREA ALL THE TIME. THERE HAS BEEN TALK THAT THEY MIGHT DO ONE AROUND HERE. THIS SHOW DOES HOOTERS CUP,NASCAR INTRVIEWS,ECT THERE ON FROM 5PM-9PM MONDAY -FRIDAY CENTRAL WITH REPLAYS NEXT DAY ALL DAY UNTIL AIR TIME GIVE A LISTEN.

I'm not sure about all of the costs, but one thing you could look at would be getting a boombox that has the xm radio capabilities, and you could for sure get the races that way.

Right on, Krusty...

I know a few people who have XM radio...they love the NASCAR channel on there...

Chuck,

Maybe you could have someone record your "play-by-play" of the next TSRS race. Take it back and edit it down to say 30 -60 seconds and play it back on your radio show. Of course highlighting all the exciting action and condensing it into something that might fit on your show. Maybe a company might advertise on it. .... almost LIVE!

Just a thought,

Mel

i gess if we start calling the radio station on a weekly basis we might be able to got the race on the air . the zone is for sports and racing is a sport . heck they even air the long horn games on kevt along with it on the zone . so i dont see why racing is ant differnt.

i guess if we start calling the radio station on a weekly basis we might be able to get the race on the air. the zone is for sports and racing is a sport. heck they even air the longhorn games on kvet along with it on the zone . so i don't see why racing isn't differnt.

Beaver,

I could not have said it any better myself, bro...This is exactly the premise that I proposed to the station 4 years ago, and the more calls we get--not only to the radio show, but to the station (ask for Chuck Meyer, the program director of the Zone)...the more they'll support the show...

I guess this thread could/should be moved to the MZone show Forum, but I appreciate the support here, as do the show's sponsors...

Just a note---this week's show is all about YOUR CALLS and NO GUESTS..so, feel free to call in and talk racing! Thanks, as always...

Great idea, it would be nice to find a station that covers the NASCAR races again, too. WBAP in D/FW used to but hasn't for years now, all they carry is the Texas race, providing that the Dallas Stars aren't having a playoff game. It would be nice to at least hear the race when travelling back on Sunday from "wherever".

Chuck,

Maybe you could have someone record your "play-by-play" of the next TSRS race. Take it back and edit it down to say 30 -60 seconds and play it back on your radio show. Of course highlighting all the exciting action and condensing it into something that might fit on your show. Maybe a company might advertise on it. .... almost LIVE!

Just a thought,

Mel

Mel,

I'm obviously flattered by your idea. I just heard from the Houston "contingency" about the tape on the HMS race, and they say my announcing can be heard very well over the tape.

So, I will leave the decision to them. If they think my announcing is worth airing, I'll get them to dub me a copy and air the end. And considering the AWESOME finish between JP and Ronnie New, it should be good!

all yall people in the austin area bang the monkey and maybe spread some of your luck this way so bryan college station could get races. Even though all of these ideas won't matter once football season starts, becuase their is no chance in hell that, any sports station would do nascar over the cowboys or the texans. Plus there are too many haters, out there that would whine and complain that racing is just going in circles and who would want to listen to that on the radio.

Krusty,

What is the call letters and frequency (AM or FM number) of the sports radio station in College Station??

Archived