SAS drivers .....

RodneyRodriguez

If any SAS drivers or car owners are interested in some good

media exposure send me a private message.

Media night is this Saturday August 9 and we are looking for some cars

for these folks to get out and drive around the track. It will not be a

race of any kind just a chance for these folks to get out and feel what

we do every weekend and talk about us on radio and tv !!

This should be a good deal for the car owners/drivers and SAS

as well, hopefully we can get as many cars as possible involved.

Rodney 22

I hope SAS drivers are responding to Rodney's request.

I have just done follow-up calls with the media, and it sounds like the three major network stations are planning to attend on Saturday night. KSAT is even planning to do a live broadcast from inside a race car for the 5P newscast. They won't be racing your cars . . . just taking some hot laps.

We need your help in promoting San Antonio Speedway! Here's your chance to see your car on TV and maybe also get an interview!!!

Thanks,

Debbie

Wish my engine was working good enough because I would bring my car. Im not racing this year so dont have anything to loose by letting someone drive it. Only problem is, to find someone who would actually fit in the seat and not have to drive with their knees! LOL :lol:

I know Debbie Williams, and others, have put a TON of work into making this Media Blitz thing work. We've all been complaining that the TV media doesn't pay any attention to us. Well.. they'll be there at SAS Saturday afternoon for their 5:00 P.M. live newcasts! SSOooo... bring your cars out early. Let the sports reporter and cameradude ride around in your car.

We all owe a huge THANK YOU to Deb and her crew. I'm sure she'll let us know who pitched in to help with this.

Nick Holt

Hello Rodney, Deb, Jean,

You can count on the Allison Legacy's to help on the MEDIA BLITZ night at SAS! Tom and I have 6 or 7 lined up to come out!

This is a challenge to all the other series that aren't racing on Saturday night .... Come on out and lets fill the pits with cars for the Camera Crews! ROMCO......TAMS .... MODIFIEDS .....TSRS ....SUPERSTOCKS ....TEXAS PRO SEDANS ..... TRUCK SERIES .... DWARFS/LEGENDS .... and anybody I missed!

Together we can convince the media folks that "THE ONLY PLACE TO BE ON SATURDAY NIGHTS IS RACING!"

Way to go Mel !!!! I'd like to thank all the people that have

decided to be a part of Saturday's deal.....it's great to hear

from everyone.

Jean, sound like the car is in good shape, bring it on my friend !!

We can still take on cars and drivers so if anybody wants to be a part of the event, send me a message and we will get you

involved. It appears the San Antonio TV stations are all over this

deal but we don't have to stop there, lets get Austin-area media

involved as well.......

Nick,

First of all, thanks for your personal support and advice!

Chuck Licata has also been a big help. He is very familiar with press interactions, and he has given me some great guidelines. And Mike Sepich has been very receptive and helpful with all of our ideas and plans.

Rodney Rodriguez (SAS Sporstman #22) has been doing a great job of coordinating the media drives in the race cars. Members of the SAS Common Interest Forum have helped out, especially in sharing their thoughts on how it should be done. I'd also like to express my special thanks to Harold Smith, Charlotte Newton, Trey Ware, Tom Harwell & Mel Krauss (Allison Legacy display) and Wayne Long from Aramendia Motor Sports (BGN display). I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!

Now I just need to cross my fingers and hope the press shows up as planned! BRING ON THE CARS AND THE CROWDS!

Debbie

Deb,

I was asked by some people who might want to bring their car to SAS on Saturday to help out, if there will be a pit pass charge for those volunteering their cars for this media event even though they will not be racing.

Nick Holt

Archived