Alison Legacy Series....

uhcougs

Last year, we brought 3 cars to the (rain make-up) race; all the Legacy people were great. All 3 cars started in the back, no need to mess up or interfer with the points racers, as we were there to support your car count.

Mel Krauss worked his way up to 5 or 6 place; the 2 and 3 place cars spun out, causeing a caution. Mel was put to the back ???, 2 and 3 got their place back ??. Mel works his way back up when there was a spin out behind Mel...again he was put to the back for blocking??? John worked his way up 4 places when the car behind him solo-ed, John went to the back with the solo being given John's place ???. All this happened in the first race.

On the second race...it was worse. With 7 laps to go, Mel was put to the back when 2 cars behind him spun out. Again Mel was blocking, that's why a call was made on him. At that point...Mel quit, he just drove to the pits and parked it out of fustration. Tom Harwell followed along also. John stuck it out for 1 more lap when, on the restart, Richard Tyra spun out, in front of John, on the restart. John was put to the back again and no, there was no contact....With that John said 'to hell with it' and he pulled into the pit. If any local spun, wrecked, screwed-up, or fell asleep, one of the foreign 3 cars were put to the back. I personally don't want to play by those rules, er made-up-as-you-go rules. Play by yourself.

Oh Bob, that was the track's call, not ours... ok, if I disagree with the track, I just won't go to the track. No need for me to make a seen, create a problem; I just won't play with you.

Sorry for the long post; but you asked, and I'm trying to explain why I don't want to play by me, me, me, me, me rules.

I don't know exactly what it is, but Bob must be doing something right. The legacy count at THR has increased by a bunch over the past couple of years. It seems like a few of the cars may even be cars that used to run at HMP, but I'm not certain about that. Keep up the good work Bob.

Right on, Mr. Stapp!!!

I, too, would like to commend Bob Riley for growing that series...

Last year was a "boom" of sorts, I believe Kyle Sirizzotti, along with the young drivers and the "old guard," really stepped up and made the series the fastest growing series around..

Bob, his staff, his drivers and their families/crew are to be commended for not only being a great series but for putting on some of the best races!

Thats why I was curious to see why some of those drivers weren't coming down to HMP... Seems like the Legacy's put on an excellent show, no matter where they are at! the more Legacy's = a better show! We had 10 last race, and man they had a good hard race green to checkered.!

comeing from a thunder and tps . person .i watched the races that i could at thr saterday . and i have to admit it .ssshhhhh dont tell anyone . i was impressed btw guys and girls if there is any. and by the speed you guys get around that track . nothing like running flat footed . .good show .good job good race and good day .

WacoRacer-

Which group, Lone Star or Houston? Most of the Lone Star drivers this year are rookies. Of course, Tom Sneva noted a long time ago that it was easier for road racers to adapt to ovals than for oval track drivers to adapt to road racing.

The Lone Star bunch, with a set schedule of running every race night at Thunder Hill, has produced some of the best racing each night.

Waco Racer

We are ready to zig & zag....

whats that saying. go hard and turn leftttttt & left & Right & Right & left & left-left & left & right & righttttttttttt & left & lefttt & right-left-right & ZOOOOOOM. yep we are ready!!!

Which Bob are you talking about? He must have a twin...

Oh! your talking about Bob "Mr. Dynamo" Riley..

tqj3 - Believe me, I know exactly who will be there. I am the Race Director for NASA Texas. It will be fun to watch the racers adapt to the track through the weekend. Will you be there that weekend? Come by and say "Hello". I'll be the NASA Official in the cowboy hat.

direct-flo - I think you have just about got the turns down.

Archived