Just wondering?

SASPEEDRACER24

Does anyone remember if USAC raced at SAS before and do you think it would be a a good thing or bad thing if they ran at SAS now? I guess what I am getting at is would a show like that or if something like the World of Outlaws (if they ran on ashalt) would draw enough fans to fill the stands at SAS... Also did anyone notice on the SAS sched. that they split the Oktoberfast between 2 Sat. Nights insted of a Fri Sat show. That will more than likely help get more butt's in the stands... So far the sched. looks good as long as the weather cooperates this year...

Marc

I don't know if a USAC show would go over to well. How did the indy races at SAS last year do. They are scheduled back but I don't remember when. The last I heard about USAC comming this far south was rumors about getting the dirt series here if the every did finally turn Longhorn to dirt. It might be good show at SAS, the Sprint cars put on a great show at Winchester!!!

As far as I know USAC has not rab at SAS, In about 89 we had the Texas Super Sprints here,but they were carburated and ran on the same tires the late models did,they sure needed more tire in the rear and they would have been faster.USAC would be great if the track would put up money for a decent race,yes we are 4 hours too far south,but they do run between California and the midwest a lot. Watch the sprints run at Toledo Speedway they turn it in the 17s it looks a lot like SAS.

USAC has never raced in San Antonio. But if I recall correctly, there is a history of ARCA running at Pan American in the early 70's, and Benny Parsons won a race there. Nick might be able to add to this.

The closest to Texas you will be able to see any kind of USAC is Tulsa later in the year.

Archived