Texas Pro Sedans THR–July 22

TPS at THR - “Make-Up” Race – July 22

San Antonio - July 19, 2006

The TPS “make-up” race date at Thunder Hill Raceway will be on Saturday, July 22, 2006.

As covered in earlier TPS Newsletters and stories on TXSZ, the July 2nd Texas Pro Sedan series race program was postponed due to race day rain at Thunder Hill Raceway.

Since the next TPS race date was scheduled on Saturday, July 15 at San Antonio Speedway, TPS had to wait until those races were successfully completed before a viable “make-up” race date at THR could be announced. The SAS race was completed on schedule and therefore, July 22 became an operative “make-up” date at Thunder Hill Raceway.

Rain checks will be honored for TPS entrys who purchased pit passes on July 2. THR will admit eligible TPS crew persons for free pit entry at the TPS “make-up” race on July 22.

The July 2 TPS Race Bulletin which was sent to all TPS members will be followed and regulate the “make-up” race at THR on July 22.

Following is the remaining 2006 Texas Pro Sedan series race schedule:

Race Date................Track/Event (race remarks)

July 22.....................Thunder Hill Raceway – (from July 2 postponement) with USRA-SLM

Aug 19 (tentative).....San Antonio Speedway – (Time Trials, 25 lap Feature Race)

September 2............Thunder Hill Raceway - (with TSRS)

October 7.................San Antonio Speedway - 10th Annual “Octoberfast” ($1,000 to win)

October 28...............Thunder Hill Raceway - “10th THR Stock Car Spectacular”($1,000 win)

November 11...........2006 Awards Dinner (at Carlos Kelly’s, 6846 Highway 87 East in San Antonio)

Neil Upchurch Race and Administrative Director - Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 (office phone) 210/365-3221 (cell phone on race day)

I sure hope so. Lack of time this week has meant pulling in outside sources to help "repair" the car. I am hoping they can get the problem fixed. Really, I do not think they will have a problem getting it done, I just hope the head didn't warp. Time will tell. If so, I stick by my Action Rentals "Who Will Win" contest pick for the TPS race B) .

I know you are anxious. Still trying to figure out the forklift deal. Afraid we will get it stuck in the base.

I can't make THR. Would love to though. We plan to have the grand stock back out to SAS again. Our rookie wants to work on getting the drivers side as flat as the passenger side. :D You know, just to even things up a bit.

I will call you soon.

You know as well as I do about the time situation. Not enough in a day.

If only I didn't need to sleep. :blink:

we may have two crew members that maynot be able to make this race and we have paid for them . do we loose that money or can someone else take thier place .see ing that thier names are on your list i suppose . and 19 get that car running good luck with it .

we may have two crew members that maynot be able to make this race and we have paid for them . do we loose that money or can someone else take thier place .see ing that thier names are on your list i suppose . and 19 get that car running good luck with it .

good question oldtimer, i was curious about the whole already paid pit personal not being able to make this race and what can be done or if another person can use their spot.

#19 (Lloyd) just wanted to let you know i liked your Action Rentals pick(s). :P:P

OldTimer - Thanks. We are trying. Glad to hear that you and Jesse are going to make it up. I only had the chance to talk to you in the pit line back on July 2nd. I was kind of glad that it was rained out, since we were pretty far off on the tuning of the car. It should be set now.

Maz1438 - The pickin' is the easy part, now I'm trying to get on the "Cumulative Who Will Win Contest Results" board... :blink::blink::lol::D

19 you need to talk to todd and get him to run his honda in tps . . need a few more hondas .and a neon . you said you were glad it rained cuz your set up .i on the other hand wanted very badly to get some laps on the motor .so we will put some on friday. if it STP.s stays together please .we.ll be there .

Well OldTimer - I did say I was glad, but really, I did want to run that day. We used the time in-between the races to get the engine tuned, but if we would have run that day, maybe the head gasket would have blown there, and only cost me points at one event. Instead, I lost more points at two TPS events during the TPS twin 20's. Oh well, what can you do but fix it and move on. Like you, I am itchin' to get back to racing action!!

I agree, and have been trying to get Will and the other ghetto gang drivers to come run with us all year. I keep threatening to call them...LOL... We would all have a blast, but I don't think we will see them until the Spectacular or Octoberfast, when there is a $1000 to win on the line. Shame we aren't running at CCS this year. I think they would have joined us for that.

Also - kudos to Stuntman extraordinaire NeonWill. Heard that the barrel roll was pretty impressive. Glad you’re alright, bud. The guy who took over driving my old American stock rolled it really badly (like 8 flips.) He sent me photos of the car. It was trashed. They ran every week, like STS does. And I'll be darned if he did not get that car fixed, and went out and won the very next race... Watch out Thunders... Ghost of a Neon is on the prowl!!

Archived