weather at thr

ups88john

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 6:35pm, I talked to TPS #48 - Mike Knotts who had completed his practice sessions at Thunder Hill Raceway.

He reported that no rain had fallen on the track all afternoon and that all cars had practiced all they wished.

He said "I'm on my way home to get rested for Sunday's race at THR.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

We are all about to start this party, two bands, no rain & none in our site! See you tomorrow, if your not here already! B)

It's sittin in the trailer......any word...90% today.....I'm for monday or tuesday if we can get it in....

Nothing much has happened this morning. Some light stuff real early. Radar looks so-so. Today might work out, I hope.

Guest bigfat

I hope this junk here in SA stays here. Looks like it did some pretty descent "watering" early this morning. We're headed that way though.

I think it is going to be a replay of yesterday. Rained most of the day in S.A. almost didn't go to practice. When we got to THR for practice the rain was mostly east of the track. So we're headed up now. Besides we bought 2 day pit passes so no standing in line this morning. Come on Oldtimer get up here and show us what you got.

we are in cc trying to decide . someone do it for us.

OK I'll bite - hit the road! See you in a few hours.

may pull out at ten .with lalo and us . 3 hour drive .kind of hard to go and not to go .spotty down here no rain for awhile.sun shinning.

we are in cc trying to decide . someone do it for us.

OK I'll bite - hit the road! See you in a few hours.

looks like we may just pull out at ten with lalo and clan 3 hour drive .

oldtimer, before you guys head out, check out www.thunderhillraceway.com. I think Brian Callaway's phone number is listed there. It couldn't hurt to give him a call before you guys make the long haul.

I think the first round of practice may be delayed at a minimum.

yea, looks like the little cell over Kyle has moved out. there is more to the south but hopefully it'll stay to the far east as it moves north. Let's hope we get that "raceday split" in the weather. I don't know how many times I've seen that but it's been quite a few. I guess that would be the "vortex theory" that DW talks about huh? :lol: I'm ready to go check out some racin'!!

here's a link to the radar if you're curious:

link --- just click on the forcast and it'll take you to a radar. It is stationary, but you can animate it to watch the loop.

My bunions are goin' crazy...thats not a good sign !!! :D J/Kiddin' Sittin' here watching the doppler and that doesn't look good. I hate to be left hangin' but I know it is a lot worse for those of you who have a long ways to drive.

Archived