Progress @ CC Speedway

Quick update on the progress at CCS. We are still waiting for the sealcoat to come in. Apparently there was a problem with the boilers at the plant in Houston and it has put several business's behind including ours. The sealcoat should be here within the next couple of days from what we are being told. The other work is still progressing at a good rate the biggest holdup is the sealcoat. I know everyone is quite anxious to get the season started as we are but this problem is beyond our control and we appreciate everyones patience.

Thank you,

I went by the track today... The track has been repaired in the fact that all cracks and holes have been cut out and repaired. (their was a lot of cracks and holes) The track looks good.. It still needs the sealent. I was showed a patch where they have been testing out the sealent to get the right consistency for racing. The sealant looks to need a lot of coates supposibly, eight to be exact. It will also have a lot of sand in it to keep it in place as well as to add traction.

The bleachers have been painted, Picnic tables cleaned, Concession cleaned and repaired. The hole place looks the best I've seen in years. They are rushing to get it back into shape but also trying to spend this time to get it right and fun to race again. I am confident that in 3-4 weeks we should be ready to go racing. This is only my guess and not anyone elses words.. Please stay tuned CC will be back soon... :D:P:D:P

Thanks spedfrk that about sums it up. There has been a lot of work going on at the track and have had several delays but we are moving forward and will race. You are correct on the sealcoat, we believe once it is layed down it will be an awsome race surface.

:P Donnie :P ,

B) Sounds like things are coming together. Hope you can maybe post some pictures of the track so I can show these guys what the track looks like. We can't wait to get those racing days of old you talked about earlier. B)

:rolleyes: Remember, we only have a DVD player to shows these things on so please keep that in mind. You can mail the racing DVD's of any kind to the address listed below. Thanks for offering this to us. Get-er Done! :rolleyes:

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ) :ph34r:

Mail to:

Dennis J Ward - N332C

Expeditionary Strike Group THREE

FPO AP 96601-4701

Dennis,

It is good to hear from you, check this out, go to Windows Live Local and put in the tracks address 241 Flato rd Corpus Christi Tx 78405 to get a good overhead picture of the track. It is a cool websight to look at all kinds of good quality pictures.

I'll get some photo's of the new cars once we get up and running put them on a disc and send them to you.

God Bless you all and take care

Not only will we go twice as fast, but it makes you a better driver... No more hitting walls, cars no more dents in the car...Your car can stay showroom ready...LOL

j.j.&s. racing

I spoke with Dad this morning and he told me that USRA group has not contacted him about the show and there is no kind of agreement. So as far as he is concerned there is no show scheduled in August or any other month. I'm sorry if I missled you, I should have checked before I posted. I appoligize for any inconvience that I may have caused.

Me and Rick have talked about takin a trip to cc but he has been busy. We have contact numbers and would like to have a sit down meet and discuss deal. We'll try and get this taken care of soon and I'll be in contact with drivers when we get it figured out.

Thanks for the patience.

Archived