How 'bout that #5 dwarf car

For those who didn't see it, Keith Roach (#5 dwarf car) agreed to start at the track entrance (turn 2) STANDING STILL as the rest of the field took the green flag as usual. Keith managed to take that little rocket into the top 5 under green flag racing after starting almost a lap down standing still! After a caution, he quickly moved into 2nd and was contending for the win when a lapped car impeded his progress at the end of the race. Great job to the Gumby machine, crew, and driver! With all the whining going on regarding the 70 car in the TPS series, I thought it would worth mentioning the domination going on the the dwarf cars as well and the driver's willingness to start with a seemingly huge disadvantage.

cs

What was I thinking????

:huh:

The crazy thing is, I thought I might be able to pull it off.

The main reason I took the challenge offered to me by our race director, is they were going to double my $$$ if I won. I had allready planned to donate my winnings to the Kevin Suberg family. Thought I might have been able to double it.

Sure did try.

P.S. Thanks SS99 Guys. It's always nice when other drivers and crew members acknowledge others hard earned accomplishments.

Kudo's to the #5 car for taking the challenge and donating his winnings to the Suberg family in their time of need. I only wish you could have pulled it off, so you could have doubled your winnings. As far as the #70 (TPS) car starting the race with this handicap, although some other TPS drivers might want/like it, I believe most would rather try to beat him straight up.

Kudo's to the #5 car for taking the challenge and donating his winnings to the Suberg family in their time of need. I only wish you could have pulled it off, so you could have doubled your winnings. As far as the #70 (TPS) car starting the race with this handicap, although some other TPS drivers might want/like it, I believe most would rather try to beat him straight up.

you are ready a winner just for trying it .

Donnie is where he is because he is prepared, we (the 19 team) would not want any help, we are actively working to beat him on his terms. We have a good idea of where we need to be, we just can't seem to get past the gremlins..

Now, for a good cause we might take the same challenge as the #5 dwarf, but only when we have more than a knife to bring to a gun fight.. It only works when it actually has a chance to benefit the cause..

Archived