Jamie Garner

racespirit

For all the TPS Racers and fans that may not know, Jamie, #33 TPS Driver underwent surgery on May 8th. Last Thursady, May 18th, he was rushed to the hospital, after losing 5 units of blood. He was released and is recovering at home. Jamie will not be able to race this Memorial weekend, and probably will not be able to return to work for another 4 weeks or so.

Jamie actually disclosed to a close friend that he "saw the light" and he felt relieved that his passage was taking him in the right direction.

But upon his return to our Racing World, he admitted he was quite scared. What does that mean Jamie??

Your thoughts....

Our thoughts and prayers wish him a very speedy recovery.

Hopefully we see you July 2nd at the track!!!

this reminds me of an article written in a san antonio newspaper about a man that spent a lot of his time and money making food for the homeless in san antonio. he would prepare the food and take it to the homeless so they wouldnt starve to death on the streets. that MAN was Jamie. he has helped a lot of people and humbly kept to himself about it. for anyone that doesnt know him, hes a kind human being. hes also a great sport when it comes to racing. never has a negative thing to say. we wish him a full recovery and will keep him in our prayers.

good luck "punchy"

But upon his return to our Racing World, he admitted he was quite scared.  What does that mean Jamie??

First of all, the main reason for him probably saying he is scared is mostly due to his experience with his surgery and all his complications. Trust me, with alittle more time to heal up and when his blood starts pumping and craving for racing, all his concerns (scaredness) will go away. Since his last setback (18th) he is now alot better and actually for the first time is saying that to himself.

Yes, he will not be racing this weekend, but i am confident that he will be back in his VW for the next race in july. And furthermore, he also told myself that he is looking forward to getting back into his car on the track.

Hey jamie you cant quit on us man .anytime i think of the good old days of raceing you it brings a :D i had some good times rubbing your paint .and even thow i dont race you now . well i have to beat you with jessie driveing it wouldnt be the same with out you .so darn it get well soon .i and jessie and team and everyone else is pulling for you .mike mccain .

My first knowledge of Jamie Garner's medical situation was this Tuesday morning when I turned on my computer.

In our drivers meeting at Thunder Hill Raceway on Saturday, May 27, I will inform all persons present about Jamie Garner's operation and recovery status. I am sure that many TPS folks are anxious about his full and speedy recovery.

Jamie is one of the nice guys in racing. He is also one of the few drivers you can count on to compete in just about every race. He has been one of the best regulars in the Texas Pro Sedans series for a long time.

Speaking for all present and past members of the Texas Pro Sedans, we all wish Jamie the best. We hope to see him and his familiar #33 - 2005 VW Sedan back on track soon.

Sincerely,

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

I visited with Jamie Sunday, he was doing much better.

He thinks that July 2nd will be his first chance of making a race. He was taken to Corpus Monday by a family member and will should return Thursday,

I’m going to print all the replies and take to him to cheer him up!

I visited with Jamie Sunday, he was doing much better.

He thinks that July 2nd will be his first chance of making a race. He was taken to Corpus Monday by a family member and will should return Thursday,

I’m going to print all the replies and take to him to cheer him up!

if he.s here in corpus give him my number 9932035.

Jamie Garner, is the nicest guy in the Texas Pro Sedan Series, we wish him a full speedy recovery, from the Double A Motorsports Team.

Jamie is right up at the top of a very long list of truly nice guys and gals who race in the TPS series.

Get well soon, Mr. Garner...

Nick Holt

I will continue to keep Jamie in my prayers. I know for a fact he doesnt own a computer, much less how to get to TXSZ. He is the only racer I know who can do more with less than me. Also I think he told me before he went in for the operation that it was not covered by insurance. His Mom and sister raised the money for his operation so I am sure he would appreciate any help anyone wanted to send his way.

Jamie Garner is recuperating at his Mother and Sister's home in Corpus Christi. They have a computer on which he has read all the nice "get well" posts on this thread. However, they don't have the experience to post a reply.

Jamie called the Texas Pro Sedans Office this morning and asked me to post a "thank you note" from him. He said:

"Hi everybody ... this is Jamie Garner. I am down here in Corpus Christi working 24/7 to get recovered.

I want everybody to know how much I appreciate all the kind words you have written on this web site. I thank you all for your kind words and the prayers.

I appreciate the offer to collect and send me money that Mike Knotts suggested. Please don't send me money. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but if I do receive any money ... I will donate it to feeding the homeless.

This is the first time that I have seen TexasSpeedZone.com. I didn't know that all this "stuff" about racing was available here.

I expect to be all healed and race-ready in time for the Sunday, July 2nd TPS race at Thunder Hill Raceway. All I can say is lookout Donnie, here I come ! ".

Thank you all,

Jamie Garner

Texas Pro Sedans #33

typed and posted by: Neil Upchurch

OK mister humble pie any money we could collect wouldnt go to you .[ you say ] well my friend again you show how much class you have and buddie if you give the money to feeding the hungry you have my blessing ... my phone number is 9932035 .call me .i live buy the malls.

Jaimie,

Dad and I are glad to hear your doing well and getting better. We hope to see the #33 on the track soon. It always alot of clean fun exciting racing with you, remember that SA finish. Anyways get well and we'll see you soon!

Bryce and Jack

SORRY JAMIE MIST YOUR CALL BY A FEW MINUTES STEP OUT TO GET MY NEWSPAPER .OLD GUYS LIKE TO READ THOSE THINGS YOU KNOW WELL MAYBE NOT FOR U BUT ANYWAY IF YOU SEE THIS CALL SATERDAY 3 OCLOCK ILL BE HOME FROM WORK THEN AND ALL DAY SUNDAY TO .YOU DIDNT LEAVE A NUMBER . BUT IF WE DONT TALK THANKS FOR CALLING .IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET HOLD OF HIM LET HIM KNOW . THANKS. :D

Archived