Another bad deal for 37

EFFECTIVE MAY 12, 2006

IF YOU HAVE A PIT BAND ON YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE SPECTACTOR SIDE.  IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE SPECTATOR SIDE YOU MUST REMOVE PIT BAND FOR REST OF NIGHT.

ANY BEER FOUND IN THE PITS BEFORE ALL RACES ARE FINSHED, YOU WILL BE SUSPENDED THE REST OF THE SEASON.

Is this like this at any other track, we allways were able to go into the stands with a pit band, if you have a drinking problem in the pits, then remove the problems,not punish the rest who want to watch the reast of there races with there family,jmo

sounds like an alcohol problem without even being there.it does make one a bigger man with a louder mouth.without even being there i can put money that BOOGIEMAN racing is the cause.look at the facts,,,,2 hassels in 4 races for this group.so punish ALL for there racing and drinking.last year they were told to sit it out one night for showing up a little wasted.DO IT AGAIN!....dont punish all..........all texas tracks let you go back and forth without a problem to hang out with family.the half mile does not because you need to cross the track and it creates a problem there.but this is supposed to be A FAMILY SPORT!..........Frank T

ITS sad when something like that happens .we also have some people like that down here .and anyone drinking and racing have no respect from me .my wife caught a driver takeing a sip one night .in cc years ago and he got mad at me and her for him getting kicked from driving that night .i didnot want him on the track with me or anyone else .that is no place as any .we still have some drivers that do that just havent caught them .i got hammered at riveside by a drunk driver and ended my cars racing days .so keep it in the stands and dont ruin it for others.

probably the typical drama..........driver goes into stands to hang out........a loud mouth who had a couple of drinks wasnt happy that that driver maybe rubbed on their favorite driver, or one of their family members so they decide to start talking trash to the driver and a brawl starts.........alcohol has that effect on some people and it is a shame........

they did this at cc speedway years ago it was because some drivers were going into the grandstands and drinking beer before there races came up . so to keep the drivers from drinking they stopped letting the drivers go into the stands it lasted about a month and they did away with it

This rule was in effect at THR for years. This year and part of last, people with pit bands have been allowed into the grandstands and back. I have mixed emotions about it for the various reasons already mentioned in this thread, but that's the way it is right now.

At THR, one other problem with the "open" gate is that people in the grandstands without pit bands have been filtering down into the pits pretty regularly, some carrying open beers. Not a good thing...

and by removing his wrist band stops this how??????

Once a person leaves the pits (where no alcohol can be consumed until after all the races are over) and goes to the grandstands (where anyone 21 or over can purchase alcohol), they should not be allowed back into the pits. And the best way to control who belongs in the pits is by making sure everyone who enters the pits has a valid wrist band.

Of course, if there is no way to actually control or monitor the pedestrian traffic between the pits and the grandstands, then this method will not work.

Nick Holt

After all this because if I recall correctly theres nobody watching the back gate so what there saying you cant leave the pits at all does that mean I/37 crew as well they also have a driver that goes and comes all night??.........we will see how this plays

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the track up there is getting better.

I'm curious.

I run low18's in my purestock at STS

What class would I be running at I-37

I heard pures at I-37 were running 19-20's

Just curious.

Anyone help me compare???

I think I would pass the vacuum tech

I've never hooked a gauge up, but I'm only lifting .390I .410X

Allthough we are allowed to lift around .500

Just haven't needed it yet.

I'm sure I'll be there before the year is out.

Couple of dates we're not racing down here.

Thanks for the input.

I'll look at the rules also.

Archived