Weather

artsfan

OK, now CHEATER (opps Just Kiddin, Jody )

we have enough to deal with, dont say that. But in all we did get alot of rain last night we are working the surface night to get it dry for the practice tonight. All is a go right now. We do understand that there is more predicted but right now the sun in shining bright and we plan to do all we can to get the show in this weekend.

If anything changes because of the weather check back here first.

Rick

OK, now CHEATER (opps Just Kiddin, Jody )

we have enough to deal with, dont say that. But in all we did get alot of rain last night we are working the surface night to get it dry for the practice tonight. All is a go right now. We do understand that there is more predicted but right now the sun in shining bright and we plan to do all we can to get the show in this weekend.

If anything changes because of the weather check back here first.

Rick

JODY,OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT :D:D:D

Guest bigfat

Crab boy,

I know I'm labeled. If the shoe fits wear it. I aint skeered. I think he's mad because of all the late night rules questions he's been getting from me. Maybe I am skeered. :ph34r:

Rick,

I was kidding. You weren't. ;) If you need any help drying the track let me know. I've got aqua treads on my hoopty. Track drying for Free practice????

If Mother Nature interferes with practice at SAS tonight, be sure to head over to The Speedway Sports Bar at 8811 Grissom Road for a Pre-Race Party, starting at 7P. We'll be showing a couple of race cars, thanks to Aaron Leddy, Jamie Fuller and Richard Curtis. In addition, we'll be holding a drawing for a 10-lap ride experience in the SAS NASCAR Truck. Come on out and spend some time with fellow racers and fans.

Trey I dont think anyone is out at the track this early... Based on what I can see for accumulation on the radar so far the area around the track has only got about .10-.25 of an inch although there was a cell last night that passed just south of the track that dumped alot of rain. I was at practice last night and we got rained on but it wasnt a huge downpour at 8ish... Hope that helps...

Looks like only the north half of San Antonio is getting the cell that is moving through at 7:30 a.m.

Hopefully the track is nice and dry.

Stay tuned to TXSZ for any developments.

Nick Holt

Just got off the phone with Terry Dickerson (8:20 a.m.). He's about 15 minutes from the track and says the weather doesn't look all that great, but that doesn't look all that bad either.

He knows that a lot of teams have to tow quite a distance and assured me he will be making a decision about calling the races off or not in the next hour or so. Once the decision is made, we will put it up on all three websites

He said that if the races are postponed - and he hopes not - there will be a makeup date, but it will not be Mother's Day for sure.

"Days like today are a no-win deal for everyone. I know that," Terry said. "No matter what we decide to do, there will be people who are upset. My thing is that we let everyone know as soon as possible and we're going to do that."

So... Stay tuned.

Nick Holt

If we do reschedule, I think it would be wise to do it later in the season. There are so many college and High school graduations in the next couple of weeks, someone is going to be disappointed. Plus, I have some non-refundable travel plans in the next couple of weeks. I would think many races had planned their vacations during this three week break.

Thanks

The races have been postponed until June 3rd.

That latest cell dumped a bunch of water on the track and the parking lot is under water.

Please call everyone you can to let them know.

"With gas at $3 a gallon, we needed to let people know early so they don't waste all that gas," Dickerson said in calling the races off.

Stay tuned for more information about the June 3rd events.

Nick Holt

Archived