SA Speedway - Sat. 7/19

TxRaceFan

Okay - so let me see if I've got this right...

#16 has a LM hauler, and OBVIOUSLY a LM engine, yet he's running in the Sportsman division???

Good lord, ain't nobody made Bellino look THAT slow since Rohmer took him out a few weeks back and his crew worked through the caution to get him back on the track a few laps.

Don't know what was teched tonight, but I'm willing to bet that it didn't have anything to do with that electric fan running in that red car up in front...

16 was pretty quick but how about a big hand for Danny Garccia #97,

coiming from a Father-based racing team it was was sweet to see him win that 1st main event. a big hand to larry and Donny for running him clean.....

Good run Cindy, the Oates appear to be on a roll this month .

We didn't realize it until after the race, but Larry grazed the Turn 2 wall when he was in pursuit of Danny Garcia for the lead. It messed up his handling, so he was lucky to finish the feature in third place.

The Late Model race only had two yellow flags, which was great progress from the previous weeks' races. And I think all drivers were able to complete the entire feature for a change (except for #21 who pitted on Lap 4)!!

Danny Garcia looked really good last night. Danny started in the fourth position, and he grabbed the checkered flag for his first feature win at SAS. I guess it was just his night! Not only did he win, but he was also the Featured Driver of the night, which included a profile in the program and an interview with Milton on the front straightaway. Way to go, Danny!

Here's the front few finishers, I think . . . unofficially:

Sportsman - 1. #16 Frank Johnson, 2. #20 Marcus Bellino, 3. #28 David Martin, 4. #0 Justin Oates, 5. #29 Billy Becka

Late Model - 1. #97 Danny Garcia, 2. #41 Donny Horelka, 3. Larry Bendele, 4. #5 Ronnie Smith, 5. #18 Jesse Salazar

Again, these are my best guesses!!!

Debbie

that trailer you saw was used for frank johnson's legacy cars. i believe he used to have 2 cars in that trailer. frank johnson used too run late models there a long while back. he is a good driver and i am glad he is back at sas. also good to hear a first time winner in the late model class!!

saturday i was helping out my father and jeff ashmore on the tech pad saturday and they were happy that every thing went well. m y father terry bernsen said to me iam happy cause every body else is happy. larry is happy for finishing third after hitting the wall all by himself, donny is happy for passing larry, and danny is just happy, i never knew what the tech men do all day, since iwas always in the pits helping someone, now that my father is a tech guy i have learned more than i have before. the racs were good, except the alltercation between the smiths.

The only "altercation" was between the track officials and Jason Smith (trying to get his hot head off the track). (AGAIN). Seems that's becoming a weekly event. Or maybe it's just the way it looks from the stands. If it weren't Ronnie last night, you can all be assured it would have been SOMEBODY else. It's been that way week after week after week. I realize he's probably frustrated having his car torn up week after week, after week, but, the only common denominator seems to be himself. Because it's a different car he's into it with every week.

Way to go, Danny G.! If that's what happens when you're driver of the week, then somebody let me know who to tell which driver should be profiled each week! (lol)

It's good to see Danny win his first feature.After all his first race he cut a brand new car in half. congraulation Danny!!!!!1

I have to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to Danny Garcia!

He was fast and looked real good Saturday. He drove his line lap after lap.

Wishes for more wins in the future Danny

Look closer,

16 was asked last week to take his electric fan off and he did. And your right... there really is not a lot of difference between the LM motors and the Sportsman when you have to build it from scratch.

Frank is a good consistent driver, Pete builds fast motors, and Ervin and Brandon can build a fast car.... pretty good combination I'd say.

Mel

TEXRaceFan:

you need to get some of the facts right for exp. as you say

"Good lord, ain't nobody made Bellino look THAT slow since Rohmer took him out a few weeks back and his crew worked through the caution to get him back on the track a few laps"

Just for your Info Rohmer did not take Bellino out and if you would check and maybe talk to some of the drivers you would have found out that Bellino broke a tie rod and thats what started the accdent. I would say that was just one of the racing things and there was no winner Bellino or Rohmer which are both good clean drivers........So please before you make statements like that check on the facts

Archived