Ken Neal pics

NickHolt

• 2 years later...

Wow, that old pic brings back memories. When I get to the house I will upload some guess the character pictures. I have some good ones.

Yes, that was the Hyatt Car that originally belong to Freddy. It was a very interesing concept of a race car. But a pain in the tail to set up. Setting caster/camber/bump steer took a couple of hours. And with the steering arm design, stamped 1/8 inch plates the least little tap would mess it all up. But for the most part it was a good car.

And yes, I was snooping way back. I have been away from the motorsports scene for several years, and just happened to find this site by accident.

Pretty cool though.

Later

Thx,I thought it looked familiar.Do you remember why it was crashed?If I remember correctly,Freddy showed up late to the track.I'm not sure,but I think because of his popular status,he was allowed to start 45th.There were so many cars on the track that I think on the first or second lap there was a chain reaction going into turn three and he got swallowed up.The front of the car was wasted.I have a pic of it but no scanner yet,or I would post it.

Let me know how far off I am on that story,if you know trlrider.

I am not sure about the circumstance of that night, since I was at home very ill. I think missing the race made me sicker than the virus that I was fighting. The front clip was completely knocked off the car as well as the right rail.

Gary Cox went to work for Pep Boys and last I heard had a top management postion either with the regional office or the national office.

Gary was a real sharp crew chief. Always looking for the extra 0.10 second.

I asked Gary to be Chief Tech at SAS when I was the Comp Dir there, but he had his plate way too full with the Peop Boys deal.

Nick Holt

i dont know if it was this car in the picture or not but i remember that guy one night at cc speedway.racing with tida.iwas helping a wrecker freind of mine who used to help charle hefflin. he wrecked pretty hard. with the rapper or kelly dont remember that part but when we picked up the car he told his guys helping, "well dad going to be mad about this one, he told me after this last clip this was the last one for this season he was going to pay for this year." i never saw him at c.c. any more.

• 2 years later...

Archived