Romco at C.C.

Guest The_Greek

Guest The_Greek

get off your lazy butts, and drive down here to watch a good race, its never a dull race here in CC, just as a poll...how many of you out of towners who post here are actually coming!~!!

To bad some of them chicken drivers are to scared to come to CC. :P:) Why CC racers are the best because if you can run CC u can run anywhere. lol :):P:P

The CC ROMCO races are the best races of the season. Should be a packed house. Hopefully more racers show up.

Jason

I personally have never been to the CC track, but my parents have gone to several races down there, and they say weird stuff happens down there. Guys flying over each other, and everything. I can't make this race, but I will defiantly try for the next one. Good luck tonight guys!!!

:wub:

Ashley

and fighting in the bleachers there was, and on the track. It was a wild nite, but a pretty good show. Heil won, welch was second and tommy grouthes was third. tommy grimes was fourth and brandon bendele was fifth.

big john

There were about 19 cars, stuff started happening early. #0 Tuffy Hudson was on the trailer early with motor problems. #49 Reithmeyer had problems inside the rear axle housing, and missed most of practice and qualifying fixing it. #55 Wallace backed into the turn 1 fence, pushing the rear clip over about an inch or two. No big oak tree available, so we attached a chain between the car and the trailer on one side and a wrecker on the other and pulled it over enough to run it. Saturday night frame alignment!

#96 Greg Davidson set fast time at a 13.51, followed by #3 Heil, #13 Welch, #71 Chris Davidson, #79 Meyer, and #22 Grimes. 55 and #8 Bendele were 7th and 8th. 71 led the field to the green and led the first five laps before Going high. 3 turned under him to take the point. I think I heard 71 had water getting under the tires. First caution at 12 laps for #33 Richardson spinning by himself in turn 1. Back to green with 3 in the lead. At about 29, 33 spins himself again, this time he takes out 96, and #07 Baker gets caught up in it also. Red flag for clean up, and 79 goes to the pits, done for the night. Didn't hear why. Green flag again. Lead pack is 3, 13, 22, 55, 8, 11

Another harmless spin by #98 Lyall bunches the pack. Somewhere around halfway, the lead pack is about the same, but 11 in front of 8. Caution flies again for #25 Covington and #115 Heinaman in turn 4.

115 is pushed to the pits with a silent motor, and 49 quits running and is pushed in. Pack is still 3, 13, 22, 55,11,8. Racing again, A couple cars get around 8, who has a tire going down. Caution again with about 12 to go when 55 and 11 get together in one, with 55 in the fence and done for the night. 8 pits and returns. A good bit of the race 13 has been dogging 3, but can't make the pass. When they restart with about 12 to go, 3 checks out, 13 behind him, 11 moves 22 over to take third. Heil wins his first ROMCO race. 13 second, 11 third, 22 fourth, I think 8 might have made it back to fifth.

Heil's car was on a string out there, and Welch challenged pretty hard at times, but drove him clean.

Gotta say also that the lapped cars did a better job of staying out of the way this time. Not perfect, but a lot better.

I might be off a little here or there, but it should be close.

hey txtom,

the first time the 33 spun was by himself and it was his fault but the second time he spun was because the left rear tire blew (literally) on the front stretch. it was his fault however that he let the car roll down the banking and we apoligized for that to greg. greg had nowhere to go and did get his car hurt pretty bad

Guest modified man

ROMCO put on one of the worst shows I have seen in Texas in a long time. Poor car count. 10 minutes under red for...? Few cars finishing. Bad calls.

Heath, Chrudimsky, John David, John Kelly, Doug Hooks

Would have loved to see more people. Eddy how's ur car looking? Will you be at SAS? I hope so because you still are a championship contender.

Jason

I wish all of those cars would have been there also, because there all good racers. Although, I think the cars in the top 7 or 8 would have been the same, because they are the same cars running up front at CC every time.

Archived