Houston Modified Race

blueoval

Don't know what this race this would be-- There is nothing on their website about it, and we take the Mods to San Antonio August 16th and 30th.

By the way, Bristol is the 23rd, an off weekend for the area touring series.

One of the few Cup races I watch anymore--This is about about a 2 or 3 pitchers of Margarita night.

There was a post on whowon.com a month or more ago about this same thing. I believe they mentioned racing in November not August. Too many cars are involved in points right now for a big draw during Aug. I talked to TAMS and they were not the ones promting it, nor was MAN Racing Promotions, so at this point I'd just look at as an idle rumor and not get my hopes up. After all look what happened to to 10K to win dirt mod show at Dundee Speedway that was supposed to be next weekend===cancelled due to lack of pre-entries.

IF/WHEN, I see/hear something engraved in stone, I'll pass along the info.

Krusty-

I gave up beer a long time ago, a six-pack would go stale in the fridge before I finished it. But I got a little Margarita recipe that I spend a lot of time perfecting. You can never spend too much time on this subject.

It goes something like this--I make the first pitcher, then me and my dad and anyone else there consume it. If necessary, I adjust the tequila or triple-sec to taste on the second pitcher. If that one isn't quite right, by the third one, we really don't care how it tastes......

I have to admit I almost bought a 12 volt blender to drag to the race track to enjoy a post-race refreshment; but that'd be hell to explain to a cop at 2 AM!

Here you go, Krusty--

J.C. Whitney Stock Number 07ZX6628N, 12 volt with a 10 foot cord, priced at $59.99.

I might break down and get it........

You can find binocular flasks at flaskshop.com

You can find battery blenders at atrendyhome.com

As for being an alcoholic, I really don't think as much as you drink I do.

It has to be a special occasion, such as the Bristol night race, a good football game, the wind changes direction, the seasons change; you know, important stuff.

My dad wants me to burn him some CDs next weekend, that'd be an example of a good reason.

Archived