Major automaker planning a NASCAR pullout?

Tim

CSR, the thread is about nascar...... I wasnt talking about other parts JUST the VERY CLOSE chassis'. A parts house that sells all 3 chassis' told you there "very close". I see you did alot of research on the subject....LOL....

I know the tread is about nascar, but the debate between SUPERTX and myself is not about cup cars, it’s about cookie cutter race cars and the divisions that run them. How much research would you like me to do, I spoke with a port city, lefthander and howe distributor. My exact question was, I’m in the market for a new late model, you are a distributor for all three which one would you recommend? He said, they’re all built very well and are very close, it comes down to WHO IS TURNING THE WRENCHES AND WHO IS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT.

I first replied to you because you were broad with your post and I thought you had knowledge of the matter or had done some research. I was hoping all the rambling you do would have some worth. Most cars have 4 tires, thats how specific you are... I was hoping to learn something from you like most of us do from txtom/Thelegend96 and the others that have researched the subject and have alot of knowledge and time in racing... I personally look for every 10th I can get, if its a specific part(within reason) I want the details, knowledge and understanding behind it and "specifically" how it will help me......

I don’t know the people you are talking about, but I’m sure they are very knowledgeable. Trust me, I won’t be loosing any sleep tonight, because you disagree with me.LOL

Is a 10th or 2 off the pace in a race "very close" for U?

I forgot everyone runs every lap perfect, in a forty lap race the first lap is the fastest, because every other lap is exactly the same. You complain about me, you can give everyone the SAME EXACT CHASSIS and it still will come down to WHO IS TURNING THE WRENCHES AND WHO IS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT. Does that scare you, having to compete on an equal playing field?

JMO :D:D

:P Your funny............ We all know you think common rules is the answer but you will never have an "EQUAL SERIES" ..... AGAIN, you talked to a distributor that sells all 3..... You didnt talk to Howe, Lefthander or Port City..... I promise you they will tell you why their chassis is better than there competitors.....

Did I say every lap is run the same...... For someone thats not much for specifics........ If you run consistantly 1 to 2-10ths slower than the leader thoughtout the ENTIRE RACE are you still happy with the "VERY CLOSE" saying you keep pounding away on your keyboard?

You want specifics from everyone else on here BUT you cant be specific, that is all I was asking..... I'm glad your not going to loose any sleep, you had me worried I thought you were upset.......

:P Your funny............ We all know you think common rules is the answer but you will never have an "EQUAL SERIES" ..... AGAIN, you talked to a distributor that sells all 3..... You didnt talk to Howe, Lefthander or Port City..... I promise you they will tell you why their chassis is better than there competitors.....

First off, I didn’t say common rules is the answer, I believe it is a step in the right direction. Second, there will never be a EQUAL SERIES, because EQUAL CARS means the driver and the guys turning the wrenches will make the difference.

Also, the distributor that sells all 3 manufactures, has no vested interest in any of the three companies, which is why I called him instead of port city, lefthander or howe. I believe his 25 years of experience in the parts business plus his 15 of racing before opening his parts house, make him credible in my eyes, but your right I keep forgetting that you and a few of your friends believe if you don’t race in Texas, there is no possible way anyone could have any valuable information pertaining to racing.

Portcity or lefthander, is that like the Coke and Pepsi debate from 20 years ago. To fanatics there’s a difference, to the rest of the world it’s just soda. :o

Did I say every lap is run the same...... For someone that’s not much for specifics........ If you run consistently 1 to 2-10ths slower than the leader throughout the ENTIRE RACE are you still happy with the "VERY CLOSE" saying you keep pounding away on your keyboard?

As far as the one or two tenth slower every lap, try making an adjustment instead of whining about it, so what your saying everyone is more consistent than you, ouch!!! :blink:

Tehehe..... Drivers are never equal and cars will never be equal( think we agree there). The IROC CARS are all put together by the same people turning the same wrench. The drivers differ but even the drivers say sometimes they get a better car then others.... I didnt know you wasnt from the Texas racing scene, that explains the BLUE words.. I'll take advice from anyone that has advice to give, I may not agree or understand and thats why I"ll try and pick their brain for specifics.

Okay, I'll slow down so you can catch up....... I wasnt talking about myself, I was talking about YOU or Joe Blow for that matter and your VERY CLOSE chassis being 1 or 2 tenths off. OUCH???? You okay or did you get typer's cramps???? Now Im not going to sleep because Im worried about you.......

I perfer Coke. Pepsi hurts my stomach, maybe to much acid. Whatcha ya think?

I perfer Coke. Pepsi hurts my stomach, maybe to much acid. Whatcha ya think?

What I think, that’s a whole can of worms your opening now. First, I prefer Coke and your right I’m not from the Texas racing scene (blue just makes it stand out). I am an outsider, I have a very different perspective on the way asphalt racing is run from a racer‘s point of view, which is good and bad. Bad is, I realize I’m playing in someone else’s sandbox and should be respectful to the owners/promoters/drivers and fans on this site.

Texas asphalt racing is so different from what I am used too, I don’t know if it’s the amount of dirt tracks in Texas or competition from dirt tracks for the car counts is why asphalt racing is suffering.

Here are some of the thing I see discussed on this site and some comparisons.

1. The promoters/owners made their money at the back gate up north too, but no one complained about it. In all fairness to the racers, I've never had to pay an entry fee to race and big races paid tow money to help racers out and that was when gas was $1.20 a gallon.

2. There is only one touring class at the local level, the NASCAR Modifieds. I personally don’t understand the need for all the touring classes in Texas, USRA has 3, TSRS, Texas Pro Sedans ( I can understand this one). Two Late Model touring classes, I just can’t understand, it takes away a lot of guys who would race locally in my opinion. Also, when the modified tour came to anyone of the local tracks the modified rules were identical, everyone who had a modified ran had to qualify for the same race. Makes for much better car counts, instead of a local LM race and a touring LM race.

3. The tracks worked together for the most part. We had big races at the end of the year for all the lower local classes at the different tracks, BUT ALL THE TRACKS HAD SIMILAR RULES.

4. On any given Saturday night there are about 150 - 160 cars in the pits 25 Modifieds, 20 Late Models, 35 Chargers (Street Stocks), 35 Blunderbust (Hobby Stocks), 20 Pro Trucks (like Arts) and 20 Figure Eights. Unlike the mini cars (Allison, Legend, Bandelaro) they run at HMP. These divisions have a driver and 3-6 people to work on the car paying for pit passes. 150 X 5 = 750 X 20 = $15,000.00 at the back gate, plus another 1,500 people in the stands at $10 totals $30,000.00.

5. The changing of the rules every year, that’s new for me, the rules rarely ever changed up north, but the same people own and operate the tracks for the last 30 years.

6. They run heats and handicap the field, non of this fastest guy on the pole, to me that’s BS!! 35 cars, 4 heats races of 8-9 cars, top 6 qualify, 11 cars in the consi and the top 4 advance to the main. They are handicapped by their finishing order of the last three weeks, the better you finish the further back you start. If you only raced once in the last three weeks, the two previous weeks count as wins. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work when you only have 8 cars in a division. :(

Before people jump on me, I’m not saying it’s better up north. I love it here in TEXAS!!!

It’s just very different and people seem to get upset, but don’t you think if it doesn’t improve the owners/promoters will take their money and put it to different uses, than there won’t be any sandbox to play in!!

JMO :D

Archived