Good night at THR

Truck99

Overall I think opening night went well for THR. The show was done just after 11:00. Seems like we did a lot of sitting around during the day - the pits could probably open at 12:00 rather than 10:00 now that all of the safety inspections, etc are done.

All of the classes had over 10 cars, with most having at least 15. Most of the races had a lot of green flag racing. The hobby stock feature had some problems, but most of the others went pretty well. The SS feature sported an awesome battle between the 99 and 2 with the 2 coming out on top with the 99 all over his rear bumper. These two are going to be fun to watch this year.

Gary Chancellor Jr won the hobby feature. I didn't get to watch the grand stock feature.

Chase,

Absolutely agree with you on the GREAT night. The pits were packed... and the stands didn't look that bad as well.

JRA Standpoint it was a sucessfull night 3500+ eggs cleaned up from the infield in less than 1 min!! We had kids from Turn 4 all the way down the front straight.. and hooked into turn 1!!!

The JRA Race team had a pretty good night dispite a RF going down under green in the feature.. 2nd in the heat race, 7th in the feature.. and of course Best Appearing Hobby Stock award... Owed completly to Terry's Body Shop & Fast Track T's and Graphics!!

.. and of course Best Appearing Hobby Stock award... Owed completly to Terry's Body Shop & Fast Track T's and Graphics!!

Congrats on the Best appearing award Aaron.

but...I'm going to suggest that the award be remaned "most popular driver" award or "who can sell the most programs award." :lol:

It really as nothing to do with who's car is the best appearing. But in your class, you did have it covered. Great looking hobby stock.

... and of course Best Appearing Hobby Stock award... Owed completly to Terry's Body Shop & Fast Track T's and Graphics!!

Strange... the votes were turned into the JRA booth and... JRA's car won... hmm :unsure:

Just kidding! Great job last night Aaron!! Too bad about the RF. How many kids do y'all figure raced... err ummm... hunted for the eggs?

was a good night in street stocks lots of good hard racing. i was a little loose all night and could not keep it on the bottom. i am just happy to have been able to lead cary stapp and bobby teer for three laps. just my luck to draw pole and have these 2 start right behind me. good job to all.

.. and of course Best Appearing Hobby Stock award... Owed completly to Terry's Body Shop & Fast Track T's and Graphics!!

Congrats on the Best appearing award Aaron.

but...I'm going to suggest that the award be remaned "most popular driver" award or "who can sell the most programs award." :lol:

It really as nothing to do with who's car is the best appearing. But in your class, you did have it covered. Great looking hobby stock.

abrundt,

My 4 yr old had a blast at the easter egg hunt. Thank you and THR for the hard work.

Mel

Chase I know what you are saying about a popularity contest. I have 3 old trophies from Longhorn for best appearing but after a while it became a "who had the biggest fan base in attendance". Now days I like to show up with a car that looks good (at least from the bleachers) :P ....

It was a good night! But by the time the races where over about 11:30 and the trophies where going to be awarded the stands where all but empty. It seemed like a long night. I also think the “Opening Ceremonies” with the prayer and the national anthem should be before the racing starts. Congratulations to all the drivers and the people who worked to make the race happen. :wub:

Very good racing this weekend at THR. Had a good crowd i the stands and the pits had a good amount of cars in them. I must say when i first saw all the eggs I thought man this is gonna take a while but I under estimated the speed of all those kids pickin up them eggs. It was neat to watch the smiles on the kids faces when they came back into the stands with there eggs. Truck race was awesome good close racing made it interesting. Same with the street stock race very good race up front between the 2 and 99. And that #3 car was flat out flyin around that track after being in the incident in turn 2. TSRS race was good once again there was a couple of cars that got tore up that I thought shouldnt have. Like the 11 and the 22. Looked like the 11 was tryin not to hit the car he did which i couldnt gather the number from where i was sitting. The 22 which had a fast car dont know what happened when it died but when he came back out on the track he was fast. He got the raw end of the deal when he and two other cars were passing the 49 and the 49 turned down into him and tore the right side of his car off. Dont know if the spotter for the 49 told him he was clear or not but from where i was sitting he wasnt clear. But other than that great show to the drivers and Bryan and Mary Ann cant wait to be back to see more great racing.

Where in the hell are the results for THR.

And yall need to do away with the Grand Stock Class.

They are posted in the press releases section - down a little ways.

I think you should come race at THR with all the rest of the grands! ;)

Buddy and I drove up from Houston for THR opening night and we were glad we did. Since I have all this free time on my hands this year I hope to make all the THR races. Personal favorite of the night was Tommy Gural and C Schilds racing for second place. Hated to see that Russian feller Ian have a motor problem, he looked fast. His brother David looked good in the street stock race until he had a brain fart and tried to make it 3 wide in turn 1. Congrats to Mary Ann and Brian for a great season opener. Stands were 3/4 full from my view and the pits looked about the same. Was great to see everybody again.

That sure was a real good battle between Stapp and Teer that was alot of fun to watch and shoot... lol... And ya were like that in the heat as well... All the races were pretty good in my opinion. Trucks had a pretty good battle going on early, Mods had a 4way battle for most of the race, Bobby ran away with the TSRS race but Gural and Schild battled hard back and forth to make it interesting. It was a fun night and a little more fun after the races even though I didnt get home till 5... lol

yeah at sas.........with a whole 2 cars racing that class is going to become another women on wheels class......hopefully the class will grow in count like the roadrunners have because when there is a bunch of them on the track they put on a good show............

The TSRS officials looked long and hard at the damage on the 7 car and decided it looked safe to let him run. Also his spotter was told if he got under the 9 car and cut his tire/tires he would be black flagged. I missed out being in the Street Stock races because of a blown motor friday night but I enjoyed watching the races. bigfat I don't know why you think THR should do away with the Grands unless you think they would have to come to SAS (and fill out their Grand Stock class). I'm putting together a Grand Stock for my daughter (and me if I run out of money for my SS) :D

Guest bigfat

yeah at sas.........with a whole 2 cars racing that class is going to become another women on wheels class......hopefully the class will grow in count like the roadrunners have because when there is a bunch of them on the track they put on a good show............

That's what the joke was about Rebel. I would have gotten to race against yalls guys down here. Not that it wasn't fun racin' against Missy, she did a great job but she had some steering issues as well as some other issues. Not to mention with out the cars the laps are cut. I know there are several cars being built. I'm just an impatient lil feller. ;)

Chase,

I'll be up there on April 29th, and every race that we are off @ SAS. Hope yall don't mind givin' up that pit spot. :P Conrats on the finish.

Fast 18,

That's exactly why. lol.