USRA MODS @ THR

fatboyracing7

This is not NASCAR the 55 got totally screwed!! He got spun by the 29 car no fault to the 55 and the 55 was heald for two laps. What a series. I guess that is one less car that will show up.

By the way what did they tech after the races?

Aparently only things that were clearly LEGAL were teched, i heard someone pointed out an ILLEGAL part and the response was we are not teching that particular part tonight????? Again i heard this second hand, has anyone else heard this or anything about it?

And did the USRA let drivers know about counting yellows prior to the race?

I have seen it take 5-6 yellow laps to clean up and get cars sorted out after an incident and cars involved get back in line or go to the rear for the AIR.

The rule has always been unless you LEAVE the track you get your spot back has'nt it?

Good job to the racers, good to see you all supporting racing and having a good time.

Can an official of USRA possibly reply on this subject as there are several folks wondering about it?

I dont know if they used the AIR, however, I know the 55 car was against the wall RUNNING, pinned in by a car that stalled on the track, and by officials, with the pace car hauling a$$, by the time 55 was allowed to return racing the scored him a lap down is what i was told.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I could see it ok if 55 was stalled or couldnt return under his own power but he physically could not move,

JMO that was a BS call and i would be suprised if that driver returned for anymore BS like that.

Guest bigfat
so did they use the air this weekend..............

They have done away with the AIR at SAS. I can't wait to see how that goes. It was announced at the Driver's Meeting last Saturday. Mr Dickerson said that by popular demand it will now be the officials and his judgement calls. He will talk to drivers or crew chiefs after the race about the calls but there will be no crying, whining or hell raising during the race and the call that is made will not be changed but he will take constructive criticisms under advisement. If it is spoken and not screamed. Sounds good on paper. Maybe it will work well and other tracks will follow.

Lots of people wanted judgement calls and we are going to give it a shot. Hopefully things will work out. As for the talking after the race, every race I've ever worked people are welcome to come and discuss calls. Arguing on track doesn't help the situation just slows the show. Rick has said many times you have a problem come and talk we will try to work it out.

See yall at the track!

Guest bigfat

There should be a rule that goes along with the judgement calls that says " There is a mandatory 30 minute minimum cool down period that must be taken before a driver or crew chief that thinks they were screwed can discuss a call with an official." :lol: I've seen first hand the difference in tone and opinion after a couple of minutes have passed. It's like Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde.

there will still be people pissed about the judgement calls...........they are really at a no win situation, but it is good to see they are trying something different to see if it will help.........i would not want to be an official because either way you are the bad guy.............

Archived