Adrenolin On Asphalt at Houston Motorsports Park

Thunder Roadsters look like 60's era indy cars, they are a national race deal like the bandeleros and legends. A pro Late Model runs the 400HP crate motor, similar to if not identical to the ASA rules. Sportsman are the same cars, but they run the 350 HP crate motor. Looks like we are getting a few new Hobby Stocks this weekend and I have heard a rumor that there are a few Late Model guys building Hobby Stocks as we speak. I think we are looking at a class that is gonna grow and take off. Hope to see everyone out there this weekend.

Arthur Hermiz

#07 Hobby Stock

www.sdrphoto.com

Pro late models do run the 400hp crate like ASA . The difference in ASA the Crane ignition and ABC bodies are required. Houston pro and sportsman late model rules are identical except for the motor. No ABC body requirement no spec ignition but limited by chip to 6200 for the 350HP 6300 for the 400HP

the thunder roadsters sound neat, does anyone have any pics of the cars?

i guess my question regarding the pro lates and sportsman lates is if there is only a 50 hp difference, and they are basically the same car, why have two classes and split the cars. why not have one class so there are more cars running together. it is just a question not a suggestion or sarcastic bash.......

Wellllll,

In my opinion,

The 350 or sportsman class has proven to be cost effective but tends to draw those of us with say "less experience". The car count has slowly increased but with the addition of the 400 class we have seen some move up. I believe that the thinking is the sportsman be more of an entry level class and the 400 or Pro class be an alternative to Supers (even though the times are virtually the same).I think the 400hp crate is USRA legal is it not?

>>> MORE OPINION<<<<<Some people will not lower themselves and compete in the 350class but may run the 400.

With the ASALM growing as it is, the Pro cars could be built and raced wherever ASA is that week (like SAS last week) or at home in Texas when no ASA race is near.

This is the subject of another thread. A car that can be raced at more than one track. Seems like a step in the right direction. LEts hope so

i guess that makes sense, not knocking it just was wondering.............there is usually a reason for things being done one way or another, and i was just wondering what the reason was for 2 classes of the same cars with minimal differences............but that makes sense they want to give the option to race with asa or the super late models...........good luck this season........

also,there where already a350 class and didn't want to make those people have to buy new engines after having them for a year.

LAC

also,there where already a 350 class and didn't want to make those people have to buy new engines after having them for a year.

That is right legacy. But the 350 or Houston Late model class was started in 2002. This is the 4th full season so several of the cars have been around and a couple motors have been bought and sold. It would have made quite a few mad to just do away with the class. This also opens up options for people who allready run classes with these types of cars but have limited schedules or places to race.

I think they took some pretty big risks doing this, lets hope it pays off for all.

by the way the purses are pretty good too

Sorry cougs

Didn't mean to imply that there were no new motors out there or that replacing them was a good option. Quite a few have been bought new over the last year as I understand it. They should be showing up at the track at some point. That is why I am really looking foward to the rest of this season.

I don't know if you saw the last race, but it was a blast. More cars will just make it better.

Edited by Whitey741