ASA at Lowes for Test

WildRacer5

I read about the ASA test at Lowes Motor Speedway the other day on Jayski and was thinking the same thing. Now that the story has broke on ASA.com I thought that now would be a good time to talk about Texas racing not getting any respect. Now I don't get some of the Late Model magazines to see if the two ROMCO races at TMS got any good coverage but Texas racers has been running on superspeedways for years, without much fanfare or coverage. Not only with ROMCO at TMS for the last 3 years but TIDA used to run at TWS on the inner oval. ALso for some of the more expierenced members of our group lets not forget all the wonderful times had at TWS for the TROC. I just hope to see it get better with coverage for our racing. Now I'm not dowing the ASA series it is a great series. It seems that the conection between the ASA and Speedway Motorsports is at an all time high. With the blessing of the track management for the test and with rumors that all the dirt tracks in conjuction with all of speedway's speedways going to be paved and have ASA brought in on cup weekends, sounds as though they like the series. With a partner like that, everyone would expect good results.

I think that paving the short tracks is the way to go. I'm not a big fan of the Late Models on the big high banked superspeedways. If ASA wants to move to bigger tracks they could go back to Milwaukee, Dover, Chicago and Memphis. They could also go to Richmond, Rockingham, Nazereth, Loudon, Pikes Peak, Phoenix and maybe Gateway (because it is flat). Leave the superspeedways to ARCA, Busch, and Trucks.

What I think would be cool is to pave the Dirt Track @ Texas Motor Speedway and try and get a deal to where ROMCO could run there on the same weekend as the cup race. This would really help out the local racing since a bunch of the fans at the busch and cup races come from all over the nation. The UDTRA dirt latemodels packed that track a few years ago in '01 when they ran on the cup weekend, I dont see why ROMCO couldn't do it. And I'm sure that Robert Mullins already has plenty of contacts with TMS so I dont see why if the short track was to get paved that he wouldn't be able to pull it off.

You guys and pave the dirt tracks!!!! SHEESH!!!!! LOL JA--SON>>>> You been recruiting? LOL Besides TMS dirt track is only 1/2 mile, so why not SAS instead?

FYI, I send all my ROMCO stories and forward what ROMCO sends me to Late Model Digest, Late Model Racer and several other smaller publications. I now get Late Model Racer, which is more a feature story magazine than a results/recaps paper.

I say...If its got dirt PAVE IT!

lol

really though at TMS I think it should be paved. They can bring in better series than they can with it dirt. ASA, NASCAR ELITE, ROMCO with it as dirt they get UDTRA and that broke WoO.

I don't care for racing on dirt, myself, Jason. But they do seem to have a high car count, and a pretty good spectator count as well.

At least, that's what all the dirt-track guys keep saying. Personally, I've rather try to make pavement racing as successful as dirt tracks seem to be on a local level. But that's just me, and a lot of folks would rather watch dirt races, or enjoy both dirt and pavement racing.

:) Jason think about it how many paved tracks are in North Texas and look at the car count problems asphalt tracks are having,there are more cars in 1-2 classes at most dirt tracks up there. Don't get too excited about any big races at the 1/2 mile dirt track up there unless you are WOO sprints you would be running for a portion of your own money spent to get there,in other words like Houston only more expensive.

Archived