spend more money: revisited

AARC67

As a first time poster,and as an avid race fan,i have a few opinions myself. I have been chasing racing for quite sometime now,and am concerned on the format.If i had it my way, which is impossible,i would be whereever there is racing 24/7,! I have talked to quite a few or DOZEN of long time or potential race FANS and DRIVERS,and have all agreed that there is no time to replenish or excrete bodily fluids(for me, lots and lots of beer),not to mention, REPAIR(drivers talking),spectate,or publicly relate to potential sponsors,fans,or drivers!!!!! I have spent alot of tears,beers,and CASH as a fan,not to mention as a short termed driver ,which found suit to help,recruit and persuade others to come drive or watch the greatest show on EARTH.I have no problem "forcing myself"(as said in another topic)to sit in the stands,because i am not just sitting, i am enjoying that great madness that i need to to survive!!!Yall put on a great show and i LOVE it ,but i have convinced too many drivers and fans to come out and enjoy a great show,only to be told ,that there was not enough time to perform all duties necessary. I am not knocking yalls performance,just repeating what i have heard and have agreed on. This does not ,by any means alter or discourage my attendance or potential revenue. Just had something to say. Hope something could be resolved,if not ,just keeping on trucking and GIT"R"DUN!!!! Anyway,said enough,I need a beer,smoke,and a piss break,hope nothing happens while I'm gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRED ARREDONDO

Hey old guy,how are you doing?I agree with you but the powers that be said no because of the cost of power to stay late.The only answer I can see is to start earlier.With the daylite savings we could start practice....err...hot laps at 5PM,heat races at 6:30 PM and have halftime practice before dark.Then have longer feature races and be done by 10PM and still make the bars.Time management.getter done..........

This is amazing. People saying the show is moving TOOO FAST. ahhahaha 99% of complaints are shows dragging on to LONNNNNNNNGGGG. What a good problem to have! Drain all fluids during intermission and go get bunch of beer and you should be alright. :)

That might be a good answer for me ,but what about the drivers,that need to make repairs........what am i saying,you must not have read everthing i have posted......you must be from out of town. G.b. has a great point,start a little earlier and wouldn't have to worry about lights ,and drivers could get to practice and TUNE to prevent mishaps during racing. FRED ARREDONDO

I have come up with a new invention...it's called "The Reliever" The prototype (which is pending patent, so dont try to steal it) consists of a transmission funnel with a long flexible tube attached that hangs beneath the seat. When the need arises for "that time" all one has to do is grasp the funnel (which has an egronomic molded handle) in one hand and your...well...you know in the other and go to town...nothing has been spared....there is even a splash guard on the front of the funnel for those that have a hard time aiming and to keep back splash off the person's back in front of you. The deluxe model even has a "adult beverage holder" with a pivot device to keep from spilling while manuevering the funnel. Unfortunately, we have had some poor reviews from our female patrons trying to use the device, but absolutely no complaints from our male customers...ESPECIALLY when observing our female patrons using the device. We are feverishly working on a "female friendly" "Reliever" and should have it out soon...

Franchise openings available...call I.P. Freely at 555-5555. :D

if the size is right rick tie it in a not .if not clamp a plug on it .cuz you know when that green drops . you forget the rest.heck is that how you won you races useing that contraption to slick the track if thats the case i want one :D

I have one of the origional prototype units in my shop, it gets used everyday. Rick I did not know you put one in your car! You Slysnake. I am thinking about one of these devices in my car but we will see. On a serious note, that light bill is outrageous maybe starting the races an hour early will help some. Neon Will

I AGREE IF A DRIVER BREAKS DOWN THERE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME TO LET HIM MAKE REPAIRS AND GET BACK OUT ON THE TRACK. I ALSO AGREE MABY STARTING AN HOUR EARILER MIGHT BE GOOD FOR THE DRIVERS. AND THE CONCESSION LINES ARE LIKE SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRR LONG AND I HAVE BEEN IN LINE AND PEOPLE HAVE GOT OUT OF LINE BECAUSE OF THE LINE AND THE RACES ARE FIXXING TO START AND THEY DONT WANT TO MISS ANY OF THE RACES BECAUSE OF THE AWESOME SHOW YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN PUTTING ON IM NOT KNOCKING THE TRACK IM JUST TRYING TO GIVE YOU GUYS INPUT ON TRYING TO MAKE THIS THE BEST TRACK IN SOUTH TEXAS. LIKE SOMEONE SAID IN EARILER POST MABY U CAN HAVE SOMEONE WALKING AROUND YELLING OUT AND SELLING OUT POP CORN , PEANUTS, BEER DRINKS ETC... THANK YOU BHC :ph34r:

<see 5 posts above> I'm telling you, I'm on to something...you can join in or be left behind!

(yes, Will, I used the device on my feature win against GB...what did you think he slipped on??? Todd's broken radiator hose leak!!?? I THINK not!) :D

Rick, if every driver had one on these "potys" the track would last longer. But the dirt would get kind of nasty LOL! What did G.B. say to you afer that race? And Todd, I guess you had to go BBBAAADDD! Anyway Neon Will

I would suggest yall talk to a a few select random drivers and let them voice there opinions.If noone replys,well maybe they don't care to cause an inconvenience.The rookies and up and comers are the future of racing.Not everyone has all the resources,money,and know how like some people do. Let them try, and not be discouraged to have a good time like yall seem to be having.Would still like to say,great racing and enjoying every minute of it,my money is as good as spent. FRED ARREDONDO

Fred,

You are absolutely right, I'm just poking a little fun...no harm intended toward anyone. We (the mini stocks, Texas Thunder, Texas Mini-stocks, whatever they are going to call us!) are having a blast and we will gladly welcome and help ANYONE wanting to get started in racing in our class. As far as resources, we (the ghetto gang) are probably the most underfunded bunch of misfits out there...from swapping sensors back and forth from car to car to reusing zip ties found on the ground...but make no mistake, we do and will ALWAYS have fun...whether it be last place or a feature win! Not too many pits that can have a last place and first place winner pitting together laughing and joking about the night or two cars that were leaders that took each other out joking and laughing about the night...just don't find that anywhere but the ghetto...sooooo come on over to the ghetto, where everyone is welcomed (just might want to bring some extra beer!!!)

Glad you're coming out to watch and having fun! :)

Fred,

You are absolutely right, I'm just poking a little fun...no harm intended toward anyone. We (the mini stocks, Texas Thunder, Texas Mini-stocks, whatever they are going to call us!) are having a blast and we will gladly welcome and help ANYONE wanting to get started in racing in our class. As far as resources, we (the ghetto gang) are probably the most underfunded bunch of misfits out there...from swapping sensors back and forth from car to car to reusing zip ties found on the ground...but make no mistake, we do and will ALWAYS have fun...whether it be last place or a feature win! Not too many pits that can have a last place and first place winner pitting together laughing and joking about the night or two cars that were leaders that took each other out joking and laughing about the night...just don't find that anywhere but the ghetto...sooooo come on over to the ghetto, where everyone is welcomed (just might want to bring some extra beer!!!)

Glad you're coming out to watch and having fun! :)

dam rick i didnt know you had that many words in your vulcabulary .that took awhile to read .must be sober . :D:lol::D:D

At the drivers meeting on the 15th I will ask all the drivers for opinions on if I am forcing the show to move to fast. This is 100% my fault, I push the show through to try and finish up by 10:00pm, Maybe limit the classes or start earlier I am not sure.

I have spoken to alot of parents that do not want their kids to be out there until 11:00 or 12:00, I don't blame them. I will try to have breaks of some type for the fans and drivers, Hockey, Football, Baseball they have a few small breaks but if you go to the Hooks game for instance they don't stop between each inning for very long to give restroom break, I also can not count the number of times I went to a Icerays game and they scored a goal while I was at the restroom.

Basically sorry for making the show to quick, a SHOW is what I am trying to put on so if it is time everyone needs then I will try to make changes.

Also we are going to sell items walking around the grandstands.

Thanks Owen

Heck no Owen keep doing what your doing its nice to get home early and get everything unloaded at a decent time. I use to hate it last year getting home a 1 or 2 in the morning then having to wake up sunday morning and unload the car and all the crap you have to take. Keep it going I think yall are doing a great job. If you dont wanna mis anything then hold your piss or whatever the case is.

Heck no Owen keep doing what your doing its nice to get home early and get everything unloaded at a decent time. I use to hate it last year getting home a 1 or 2 in the morning then having to wake up sunday morning and unload the car and all the crap you have to take. Keep it going I think yall are doing a great job. If you dont wanna mis anything then hold your piss or whatever the case is.

...or purchase "The Reliever"!!!! Only $19.99 and deluxe model with "adult beverage holder" for $24.99...

...or purchase "The Reliever"!!!! Only $19.99 and deluxe model with "adult beverage holder" for $24.99...

Ok let say you are using both "The Reliever" and the "adult beverage holder" at the same time....and lets face it sly we have all seen you drive....and lets say there is a little confussion in the cockpit (ie...sawing on the wheel, waving at the crowd, the water guns, fires, people waving fist at each other, the lose critters, the one fist salute) and lets say the hoses get mixed up....then what...I mean your looking for a freshing drink to quinch your thirst...and surprise....recycled adult beverage...

I may be able to help solve this problem, I can be reached through the research and developement dept. @ TEU

Archived