Texana Raceway Park results, 4/1/06

NickHolt

For immediate release: April 2nd

Texana Raceway Park – Race Results

FANS AND DRIVERS EXCITED TO RETURN TO RACING ACTION – by Bill Morris

Opening ceremonies at Texana Raceway Park included a four wide formation, with the entries from all nine classes “showing-off” for the fans. Over 60 cars filled more than half of the 5/16 dirt oval for the parade laps.

The first race of the season revealed the many changes that had taken place during the off season. The most obvious change was the dramatic growth in the number of entries in the IMCA Sports Modified division. No less than seven drivers made the change to the affordable “open wheel division”. The majority of the newcomers moved from the “Bomber” class, with one driver leaving the ranks of the Late Models for the Sports Mod competition.

The influx of new entries provided fans with close competition and an exciting feature finish when Cuero’s Aaron Hudgeons made a last lap pass to edge out the 2005 track champion, Vince Loudon of Shiner, for the checkered flag. In IMCA “Big Mods” competition Brian Brooks made his first trip to victory lane ahead of Inez neighbor Victor Lindsey.

In Stock Car action, Victoria’s Ken Densman captured top honors in his Super Stock ahead of Billy Perry. Kevin Migura finished ahead of Rory Jordan, both drivers racing out of Victoria. Monty Chamberlain, of Louise, led the Bomber field followed by Ronnie Coe of Angleton. In Street Stock action local Edna favorite, James Jennings, was followed to the checkered flag by another Edna driver, G.W. Hessong. Top honors in the mini-stock competition went to Justin Bloom of Blessing, followed by Jamie Reha.

Inez’s Bob Ort picked up where he finished last year, in the winners circle with his Hot Stock Truck, followed by Victoria’s Kirk Loos.

Rounding out the opening night competition were the speedy and popular Dwarf Cars. Gray Hanson from West Columbia took home the win ahead of Palacios driver Kevin Harvey.

The next evening of racing action at the Edna oval is scheduled for Saturday, April 15th, starting at 8:00pm. The track is located 2 miles southeast of Edna, on State Highway 111

Mini-Stocks: 1st Justin Bloom–Blessing: 2nd Jamie Reha- Victoria: 3rd Dakota Taylor-Louise

Dwarf Cars: 1st Gary Hanson-W. Columbia: 2nd Kevin Harvey- Palacios: 3rd Jason Conrad-El Campo

Bombers: 1st Monty Chamberlain-Louise: 2nd Ronnie Coe-Angleton: 3rd Jonathan Arterberry-Victoria

Street Stocks: 1st James Jennings-Edna: 2nd G.W. Hessong-Edna: 3rd A.J. Dancer- Red Rock

Super Stocks: 1st Ken Densman-Victoria: 2nd Billy Perry-Victoria: 3rd Pete Herrschaft-Edna

Late Models: 1st Kevin Migura-Victoria: 2nd Rory Jordan-Victoria: 3rd Buck MacFarlin-Inez

Sport Mods: 1st Aaron Hudgeons –Cuero: 2nd Vince Loudon-Shiner: 3rd David Boggs-Pleasanton

IMCA Mods: 1st Brian Brooks-Inez: 2nd Victor Lindsey- Inez: Bill Pittaway- Corpus Christi

Buddy,

It is a 5/16ths dirt track in the town of Edna, which is a few miles Northeast of Victoria on Hwy 59.

The track is south of Edna on State Hwy 111.

WHATS THE RULES FOR BOMBER CLASS I RACED AT STS BUT THEY ONLY RACE EVERY OTHER WEEK I NEED MORE THEN THAT RULES HERE SAY 1/4 INCH PLATE STEEL ACROSS DRIVERS DOOR ONE 1 1/2 PIPE FROM FLOOR TO ROOF BEHIND DRIVERS SEAT EVERYTHING MUST REMAIN STOCK

The Texana bomber rules allow headers and racing tires. They are not like most tracks bomber classes. Here is a copy of the bomber rules:

This class has been created as a fun, economical, entry-level racing class. It is not a class to develop expensive

race vehicles. Its purpose and intent is to keep the vehicles original, stock inexpensive and easy for anyone to build

and maintain. This class is for beginners not for experienced drivers. Depending upon how many years you have

competed in this class and how well you have placed (1st through 3rd regularly), you may be asked to move up to

another class.

1. Car Body And Chassis Requirements

1.1. Any stock production American- made passenger car, station wagon, El Camino, Ranchero, or pickup is

acceptable.

1.2. No convertibles, sport cars, suburban, or high performance vehicles.

1.3. No firebirds, Cameros, mustangs or similar cars.

1.4. Only stock-stock-stock parts may be used.

1.5. Race ready minimum weight is 3600 lbs. 360 ci max.

1.5.1. Quick steer will be allowed.

1.6. Vehicle must remain stock appearance.

1.7. Minimum wheelbase is 108”

1.8. Suspension must remain absolutely stock for make and model of vehicle.

1.8.1. No modification permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS

2. Engine

2.1. Engine must be stock for type and year of vehicle used. GM in GM, Chrysler in Chrysler, Ford in Ford

etc…..

2.1.1. All major components (block, crank, rods, ) must remain stock for type and year of engine.

2.1.2. Engine size limited to small black only up to 360 ci.

2.2 1.5” springs only and 1.5” ratio rockers

2.3. NO aluminum heads.

2.4. Screw in studs and or pinned are allowed. No other alterations.

2.4.1. Any cast iron head 72cc minimum NO EXCEPTIONS

2.4.2. NO angle milling.

2.4.3. NO porting or polishing. NO gasket matching.

2.5. Stock OEM dish or flat top 4 valve relief pistons only.

2.5.1. NO late model small ring (Vortec).

2.6. Carburetor may be stock 2 barrel of the same type and year engine was originally equipped with. Or Holly

4412 500cfm to be checked with go no go gauge. Stock dimensions top 1.375 bottom 1.687. $200.00

claimer will be placed on carburetor.

2.7. Stock intake manifold.

2.7.1. No porting, polishing, or altering in anyway.

2.7.2. No high performance or marine intake manifolds.

2.8. Cam shaft must match make of engine being used. Hydraulic or solid flat tappet lifters only. No roller

lifters. No bleed down lifters. No altered firing order.

2.8.1. Engine must pull 18” of vacuum @ 1000 rpm.

2.9. Headers or Manifolds allowed. No 180 headers.

2.10. Stock ignition systems.

3. Transmission and Rear End

3.1. Stock automatic transmission with stock operating converter or Standard transmission allowed. Must have

standard 12”fly wheel and pressure plate.

3.2. Stock rear end.

3.3. Posi-Trac (if year of vehicle was equipped) or welded rear ends are permitted.

4. Wheels and Tires

4.1. Steel wheels only with a max width of 10”.

4.1.1. After market wheels are allowed. Aftermarket wheels limited to standard weight wheels. NO lightweight

wheels allowed.

4.2. Minimum tire tread width is 8”, Maximum of 10”.

4.3. HOOSIER spec tires from track only.

4.3.1. Racing tire specified by Texana Raceway Park.

4.4. Grooving is the only tire modification allowed. Absolutely NO lug cutting.

4.4.1. Maximum 3/8” wide grooving.

* Note This class is designed to be cheap-cheap and stock-stock. If anything other than that is attempted you may

be placed in the next class up.

While their rules are different than most tracks bomber classes, the track is a fun place to race.

52 is right, it is really a fun place to race. Not to take cars from any other track but it is a good mid point for some fun inbetween Corpus and Houston and even managable for an evening if you live around Austin.

Ultimately, I would have preferred a good while back we keep our bombers without the tire enhancements, headers or quick steer, but I went along with the flow. I will have to say that the tires and quick steer (although I don't run quick steer myself) have improved the handling and you don't tear up as much stuff.

Again, not to take cars from any track but as a mid point between larger cities, it sure is a fun place to run with an excellent track surface and lots of good clean racing. I've met an awful lot of good folks there and enjoy the competition. If you get to make it down on a race night, come by my spot and give me a shout.

-Monty

bomber #55

thanks for the info i just wished there was a real bomber class some where you know no changes to car except take all glass and trim off and thats it but thank you for info

Archived