Congradulations to Colt James

racerjim2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many races has your driver won before????

Too many to count.

I am sure this ASALM race is a BIG deal to you because your driver was competitve at his HOME track that he has turned how many laps around?

See my driver is use to racing against veterans - Not 14, 15 and 16 year old kids. Veterans like Mike Eddy, Mike Garvey Butch Miller, Reed Sorenson, Robbie Pyle, Kevin Cywinski, St Amandt, Freddie Query, Eddy Mercer, Scott Carlson - he drives up to tracks that he has never even seen before, and runs in the top-five.

Oh just to let you know when my driver was running the ASANT they parked Middleton two different times for rough driving - He is the one that took Reed and Casey out at Atlanta and caused Casey not to win ROTY and Reed the Championship.

Good luck to you'll this year!

trying to figure out who her driver is? I didnt know Bubba Nauman ran in the ASANT

and i sure didnt know Reed Sorenson was a veteran, seems to me i ran against him in Legends car just in 2000 and he was like a year or so younger than me.

I feel TX did good this past weekend. I wonder if Racechick has ever bolted on a set of Hoosier Radials seems to me she finds the transition easy.

One confused person

When I started this thread I wanted to say something positive not like I sorry that the 74 took brandon out .. rubbin's racing but that aint rubbin

My guess is she's talking about Casey Smith. He's the only one around here who has run ASANT and strongly just about everywhere, though Bubba did win the track late model championship at Five Flags a year or two ago.

Oh wow, I hope she is not talking about Casey Smith. I have heard soooo much hype about that guy and have never seen anyone fail so much to live up to it.

I don't know him, and I don't usually like to talk about people I don't know, but seriously, if she is referring to him, all I can do is laugh.

Eighttwentyone seems to have his favorites and is a stone wall unless you are with him.everybody is wrong and he is right.

Its easy to be real quick defending what and who you believe in and sometimes that isnt a bad thing ,however if you do your homework and research alittle you will see where the past always tells the story.Maybe we should look at the record.....Where has these Texas drivers been who has succeded and who always comes back home EMPTY handed.

if your post was in English, I might be able to read/understand it.

Again, you idiots started this by your unnecessary comments and speculation about how Brandon feels/what he wishes he had or hadn't done. You already heard from a crew member and a fan who crushed your silly theory by stating that they were all pleased with his performance.

Also, like I said, my thoughts on Casey Smith are only reflective of recent hype surrounding him and USRA SLM races. Seems as though I may have been a little justified, even if it is only confined to those races:

Super Late Models All Time Winners List

This list includes TIDA-LM from 1987-1997, The 4 Outlaw events in 1998, the 1999-2004 ROMCO Winners, and 2005 USRA SLM winners.

*As of 4/8/05*

1. Slick Yoemans - 27

2. Tommy Grimes - 20

3. Jay Watson - 18

4. John Kelly - 17

5. Greg Davdison - 16

David Umsheid - 16

7. Chris Davidson - 14

8. Rick Rapp - 9

9. Brandon Bendele - 7

10. Keith Reithmeyer - 6

11. Doug Lege`- 5

Eddy Wallace - 5

13. Larry Schild - 4

Bobby Blake - 4

15. Ervin Breiten, Jr. - 3

Doug Hooks - 3

Donnie Wilson - 3

David Lege' - 3

Michael Crofford - 3

Mark Chrudimsky - 3

20. Joey Heinaman - 2

Mike Denman - 2

David Starr - 2

John David Jr. - 2

John Heil - 2

Bradley Riethmeyer - 2

T. Wade Welch - 2

Colt James - 2

29. Kenny Bumbera - 1

Casey Smith - 1

Heath Stewart - 1

Robert Richardson - 1

Tommy Riggins - 1

Stacy Bradley - 1

DT, my parents always told me, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. If you'd had any manners, we could have avoided all this.

eighttwentyone-

Casey has never run the USRA or ROMCO series, just a few races here and there. I think he may run the full USRA SLM series this season. As for "being the man to beat," I think he ran second at Houston and won at San Antonio the end of last year and the beginning of this one.

All I did was ask a simple question who are some of the bad asses in the ASALM Series so I could learn them Hoosier Daddy had to throw it out there that it was a lot tougher than the USRA SLM race in San Antonio - but

eighttwentyone needs to do his homework. I think all the TEXAS Guys did great and I am very proud of them.

I was just trying to figure out who they beat? I guess I need to just start following the ASALM Rooster more closely to find out the "Who's Who" I know Landon was suppose to be one of them.

tg, well played. like i said, i only had limited knowledge of who he was, and he had a lot of hype coming into all the USRA races, and I always watched him to see how he would fare. i know he may not have always fared well, and trust me, I know bad luck happens. my response was more out of shock to what racechick was spouting.

i am done!!

You need to get out alittle more...there is life outside S.A Speedway!!

Out of that cheat sheet you have who has ventured out and has had some success,and who has ventured out and comes back home to SA Speedway with there hat in there hand begging to be taken back.There are much BIGGER fish out there that you know nothing about

speaking of getting out more...

their=ownership (their hat, their shoes, etc)

there=place (i don't like to go there)

second, please shed some light on all the drivers you are so proud of that are currently racing bush or nextel.

I am through talking to you, it's quite evident your jealousy and hatred are clouding your ability to think straight.

I guess what I am trying to ask is would you have rather watched Colt, JC and Brandon in a high profile SLM race like Nashville or the Snowball or running the ASALM Series I personally like the SLM - the way they sound the Veterans that have been running them forever its just all new and seems like there are no real heavy hitters - we might have had the heavest hitters right here from Texas

Casey's done well every where he has raced. He had a string of bad races locally, accidents, mechanical, set-up, all too familiar in racing and maybe he is judging him by those races. He doesn't have big time sponsors and has been impressive against some of the best short track racers with the best equipment money can buy. All these young guns are great racers also, take a look at the Snowball and Snowflake, a lot of the old veterans are not making the show or struggling. Every year it's getting harder and I think these young guns are replacing them, I know it's also the equipment they use, but they are very talented. The competition is tougher, at Nashville Greg Davidson qualified 12th out of 52 cars for the ASALM race, and at SAS where he has more laps, he failed to qualify, heard it was a set up issue or some thing, different from what he had in practice where he was one of the fastest. By the way Butch Miller qualified 11th at Nashville and he and Jake Ryan got together battling for 2nd late in the race, Eddie Hoffman led every lap and won the race, he is considered one of the best short track racers. Also was 3rd in the CRA Series race against some of the best SLM racers.(Isn't Jake Ryan sponsored by TESAR Engineering, a little bit more horses?) All of our top Texas racers just need to get out a bit more to these big shows and they will do well, but it takes sponsors and a lot of money for them to be competitive. I think the top short track driver's from Texas right now are Brandon Bendele, Colt James, JC Umscheid, Casey Smith, Chris Davidson, Bradley Riethmeyer, Greg Davidson, Joe Aramendia, Robert Barker, Tommy Grimes, and several other veterans and young guns coming up, but those are my top 10 right now in no particular order.

Ummmmm.... CONGRADULATIONS COLT! Good run man, I went hoarse for ya!

Jr.

thanx jr.-

once again, way to go liltle brother.....

it's a shame about brandon's deal , but have some manners and take this shit somewhere else. - thanx

Horsepower, couldnt have said it better myself. all this crap will go away in time. I like all those guys you named off. but i have to tell you. if any one of those guys got punted i would be there to defend each and every one of them, not just brandon. if i had to pick the top 5. would be JC, Brandon, Colt , Casey, Bradley in no particular order either. I could boast about all of them in there own way.

doubletrouble is living up to his name. Who are these guys who went out and raced and came back home empty handed that you are referring to? Maybe you can sponsor some of these guys and help them make more races and if they keep failing, you will have proven your point.

Archived