Congradulations to Colt James

racerjim2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PONY BOY! way to go..........also Terry James has got to get the man of steel award for managing on probably around 13 hrs. of sleep all week . .........with a car that was build from ground up in 7 weeks , primarily by this man.

he does not have the luxury of paid - experienced help.

my bother is the man................my step dad is the man that taught him.

thanx to david umshieds and jimmy merridith .............and thomas who took one in the toe.

kick some ass next week lil' bro.

Yes I think Colt made us proud with his performance.I was impressed by the clean and professional driving of the ASA cars.There were a few bonehead moves like the lap car who never complied to the flag man and almost got black flagged.I I think the local favorite that I dont normally root for,was in a great poistion for an outstanding finish and make texas proud,however his impatience paysoff once again by putting himself in a postion to crash.Its nice to see clean professional drivers give us a show but its not hard to tell who cant quite live up to those standards.......Colt ranks right there with those ASA guys...class act!

a driver you don't normally root for? trust me, you're not hurting anyone's feelings.

If you were paying attention, you would have noticed that Brandon showed great patience, at one point even letting James pass him. He was not at fault, the other guy just couldn't handle being passed and drove in too hard into the corner, thus ending Brandon's night. I was glad to see James finish where he did, but to say Brandon was impatient is idiotic. Had he not been taken out, he was headed for the top 3.

Keep rooting against him, hate is the ultimate compliment.

I never said I rooted agaist him!I was impressed with him and was following him and Colt the intire race.I was really hopeing to see a local racer run upfront with the ASA guys.Time trails were alittle disappointing watching the Texas big names get bumped one by one.It had to be an honor to make the feild and I was proud of most of them.My statement was based on experience at this track,I could understand an outsider making the move 3 wide into turn 3 but a local driver to push the issue there when it got hot and heavy was uncalled for.He was faster then the three no dout but an experinced patient driver would have backed off in that circumstance and tried a diffrent move.Withthat move he attempted,he let down his crew,sponsers and all his supporters.......He needs to tell it as it is......And Im willing to bet he wishes he could have taken it back and done it diffrent!

james is one hell of a driver at one point he tried to pass brandon, was door to door with him early on, but colt being the good driver he is kept both him and brandon from wrecking. maybe jay middelton could take a lesson from the 15 of colt james, then we would not be even talking about this right now.

First off, congrats to Colt and Terry James. Colt ran a hell of a race all night, and sounds like them guys had some late nights last week gettin the car ready to go. Good job guys.

DoubleTrouble,

Who in the hell do you think you are, and how long have you been watchin races at SAS??? Those are about the stupidest posts I've read on here in a while. Being one of Brandons crew guys, I can tell you he didnt let us down. It was a tough field just to qualify for, look at some of the guys that barely made the field, cars that have won ASALM races before. Brandon drove his ass off the first half, we adjusted on the car during the break, and the car was coming on the second half, as most could see. As dissapointed as we were in the outcome of what happened, we were happy with the run we had, and know definitely had a top 5 car. Brandon didnt let anybody down, except for maybe Jay Middleton, who wasnt too happy that a "local" was about to pass him on the outside.

51speed board has some ignorant people on there site to talking about the same crap. heres a thought even there own announcer said when the wreck happened oooo -- tough break for brandon didnt say crap about jay. also do you know how to get your front bumper torn off your race car? you run over the guy in front of you and the last time i checked brandon was in front. while we are at it, i will add some stuff that the regular people dont know about, first brandon- they ran a stock block carb, need to correct that , then they need to have the motor sent off to a certified rebuilder, like all the others do. then lets go racing in october. way to go brandon way to go colt way to go jc. and lets not forget greg,lloyd, and matt. good job guys. and if you do not like these comments -tuff. A pissed -matthew howell

Brandon was having a great run, I think he and Colt sat back patiently and avoided several close calls early in the race. With their experience at the track they backed off several times going into the turns to avoid wrecking someone. I just don't see why Brandon would had let off when he was the one out in front, at least half the car length. Middleton just drove hard into that turn and slid up into Brandon, he made up his mind that he wasn't going to give up that spot and looks like he lost a lot more. Hoffman was actually following Brandon. Too bad it could have been a lot better. All the Texans had great runs, hopefully next time the results will show what they had. They were a few times where that group of cars had the fans on their toes.

Hoosier Daddy - Great post - I assure you he did not dissapoint me as a fan and nothing I heard in the pits after the race lead me to believe he disappointed his owner or crew members. I heard lots of praise and saw lots of smiling faces. Colt James deserves a congratulations as well as JC. But Brandon also deserves a great pat on the back. He competed with the rest of the guys and certainly held his own. Hope more races like that are in the future for SAS and Brandon. Great Job to all - Drivers, crew and owners.

Racechick,

To answer your question, Ryan Carlson qualified 21st at SAS. He won at Hawkeye Downs last year in September, and was 5th in 2005 ASALM points. The #98 of Hunter Robbins did not even make the race, driving for the team that won the ASALM championship last year. While he didnt compete in ASALM last year, he did win the Snowflake 100 at Five Flags. And yes, this race was "slightly" harder to qualify for and run competitive in then the USRA race you watched at SAS on March 11.

Thanks to everyone who came out it was alot of fun. Need to send a big thanks to my dad,mom, david umscheid, shawn, thomas, jimmy meredith and crew,aaron, jd and anyone else who helped out. Hopefully we can have a good weekend in Virginia.Thanks to Terry D for getting the race in S.A. -Colt James

And yes, this race was "slightly" harder to qualify for and run competitive in then the USRA race you watched at SAS on March 11.

I was just wondering who barely made the field that had won in ASALM before I have been following SLM racing and am not familiar with any of these names, except the local guys and a big congratulations to them.

I do know that the few that are running this series that ran the National Tour were not that competitive; like Brent Downey and Chris Stump I guess Chad Wood and Charlie Menard did ok never were a threat to win any ASANT race

I sure don't think this race was "slightly" harder than Nashville or the Snowball to make it into - Only 5 teams were sent home

Archived