Need your help in thanking the Sports' Guys!

debwill

We've been getting a lot of calls at the track today from people who saw last night's broadcast on WOAI. I thought it was done really well. Most of all, I liked Terry's comment at the end about David's lap time, even though he kinda bashed "us girls."

Anyway, we're asking the San Antonio (and surrounding area) racing community to show your appreciation for their coverage on Sports Sunday. We'd appreciate it if you'd drop Don and David a line or give them a call to thank them for coming out to SAS.

Here's their contact information:

Telephone Number: 210-226-4444

E-Mail Addresses: DonHarris@woai.com and DavidChancellor@woai.com

I just got through talking to Don, and he said he had a blast. They're trying to arrange for even more exposure on SAS throughout the week. They're all pumped up about NASCAR racing in San Antonio, and we need your help in keeping up their momentum. And please share their responses with the rest of us.

email already sent :)

I saw the broadcast and I loved it. It is a great start on getting the San Antonio community in on the local racing scene. Posting results and points throughout the season would be a bonus too! Good job EVERYONE

Lonesome,

Good job sending that email. We all need to do the same if we are to make an impact.

You can be assured that all press releases, results and recaps are religiously sent to every media outlet in Central/South Texas and sent to every national stock car racing website, every national stock car racing magazine and racing newspaper too. We've had some limited success in getting our stuff out there, but it's a long, losing battle. If the sports editor (or his equivalent) does not believe that there are people out there who would like more motorsports coverage, they don't publish it.

And how do they know that people actually want that coverage? By the amount of legitimate letters, calls, email they receive about that sport.

I was the motorsports editor at the now closed San Antonio Light for several years in the 80's and 90's. During that whole time we may have received a couple dozen, or so, letters and phone calls about motorsports. And several of those were from tree huggers complaining that racing is ruining the environment or from do-gooders complaining that Winston and Marlboro Cigarettes were killing teenagers, kids, etc, and demanding that the paper stop reporting on motorsports!

But we can turn that around. All we have to do is keep calling and emailing the TV stations, radio stations and newspapers.

Nick Holt

Just sent them both an e-mail thanking them. Don seemed so excited about driving the truck. Maybe we could get him out each week to do his show. Let him drive the truck each week and I bet he'll show up. Let him drive a LM and no telling what will happen. :)

Guest RandyBorlace
You can be assured that all press releases, results and recaps are religiously sent to every media outlet in Central/South Texas and sent to every national stock car racing website, every national stock car racing magazine and racing newspaper too

Are you sure you send results to ALL the sites?