IHRA Amalie Oil Texas National's Photos Now Up!

SASPEEDRACER24

thanks for the pic Mark,I still look ugly,even with sun glasses-by the way,if you cant get all that black rubber off your face from this afternoon,thinner on a wash cloth works,it just makes your real skin dry.

lol thanks for reminding me but... Irish Spring and a hard scrub did the trick... I should have taken a pic of my face before and after kinda like one of those priceless commercials... Had a blast... I still wish I had been down there to get a pic of the Vette that nearly pulled a Don Garletts at the start... Hope he puts more weight in the front of that thing next time...

I thought the Vette was going to spin like a top.And I dont know if you remember the white Super Stock Nova's from the Ustlers Racing Team-couple of older brothers that have a couple of 64 and 66 Novas and when the leave the line they stand em on the bumpers out past the 100 ft mark and they are all 4 speed cars.Those ole farts nails the gas,dump the clutch and point the frt bumper to the clouds and go to banging the gears.Pretty impressive for some stock framed cars and when those ole guys need to pick up a few tenths against somebody in the same class,they'll drain all the oil out but 1 or 2 qts and run it down the 1/4 mile and all the times I've started them,I've never seen em break a motor,just front suspensions from slamming down so hard from big wheel stands.I told em Sat nite,thank god for wheelie bars or those novas would look like turtles on the line when they flipped over

Archived