THR

ups88john

If you were not at THR tonite, you missed one of the best late model races all year. To those who say thr is a one groove track, tell robert stewart and mark chudimsky that. Mark won the late model race, i dont care what anyone says, i feel bad for the 22 car(got dq'ed for being 9 lbs light) but rules are rules and he acted like a true gentleman. I think the 83 won the hobby race, dont know who won the pure stock race, cary stapp did a good job of setting fast time for the night in his street stock, and he also won the feature. Robert stewart won the exciting lm race, but didnt pass tech. Mark was second to the 22 car, but was docked one position due to a jump start. Leeland Wadell ended up the winner in the 28 car. That was one of the best lm races at thr, i could hear the crowd from the pits in turn 2. The Fowler Motorsports car(29) didnt win the race, but we finally got the car to turn, a victory for us. Hope to see yall at the meeting at thr on thursday.

big john

its turning 100 times better than it was. We had a little too much rear stagger, making it loose after a long green run. the front roll center is still not right, and if we can get that figured out we should be alot faster. we found a bent tie rod, one tie rod is too long for the car and we had a bad shock. i cant wait to go to houston, with some more work on the car it will be fast.

big john

That was a great LM race.

Robert Stewart and Leland Waddell are my new favorite drivers.

I think Mark Chrudimsky has an anger management problem.

Thanks Richard Norman, sorry you got punted around.

Nine cars at the feature.................sweet!

We were out there pretty much to get the car set for Houston and to support the Latemodels at THR. It was fun racing with them again, it has been a while. That was a great race though! I have never seen a race like that at THR!!!- Tim

there was 10 cars for the feature, 2 were tsrs cars, wadell and snooky have run thr and tsrs all year. I dont understand why mark has a anger management problem, his car was overheating, that is why he was reving the motor. i think between stewart and chrudimsky, people should be talking about this race to all their friends, and hopefully more people will come out to watch.

big john

Come on Big John. Did you really see the LM race?

Mark took his self out when he tried to nail Robert going in to turn three, and missed. Then on the cool down lap Mark congradulated Robert by giving him the one finger salute and running over his right front fender. He....was....

pissed. That's how i saw it.

Who was the 10th car?

Well put Big John

It was a great race to watch, but I was hoping to have the car race ready for the feature.The car had a bad vibration so I just pulled off the track.Mark's car was

overheating thats why he was reving the motor.I hope there not alot of damage

to his car under that front end.Good run on everyones part and by the way was

someone saying something about a one groove track looked like there was an outside groove to me.We'll be back out next week if we can find a tranny.

I did see the race, but i didnt watch the cool down lap. I havent seen mark miss anyone he was trying to hit, he is usually spot on. I thought stewart already had damage, but one of our crew guys said there was something going on after the checkers. That is all part of racing, from what i could tell there was not a car out there that didnt get rubbed or bumped, but they all came home in one piece..........mostly. we were also trying to get the car ready for houston, but we plan on racing at thr as much as possible.

big john

Hey I am glad that everyone enjoyed that LM race Sat. night. I know I did.

I would like everyone to know that I am not even remotely upset at Mark; I think he did one hell of a job driving.

Mark and I (Robert) Sat around half the night talking about the race. WE had a great time running that race, and wish we could all race like that every weekend. I know from my car, I could hear the crowd going nuts. I sure hope that everyone that races out there can race like Mark and I did, and still get out of the car and smile and pat each other on the back for a great job.

Please don't forget there were other drivers out there too. There would have been no show if they weren't there to support THR.

Oh by the way ups88john Thanks for the kind words, and I am also a registered driver and competitor in the TSRS series too.

What a shame that I was 6 lbs too light. Bummer. Well you know, we all have to play by the rules. And I just made a mathmatical mistake in my weights. OH Well, maybe next time.

Robert-

It is awfully refreshing to see a driver with your positive outlook on what happened Saturday night. I didn't see any of it, as I was in Houston with TAMS, but from the posts here, ya'll had a heckuva night.

Keep up the great attitude, and best of luck at the next one.

By the way, ran into your buddy Clint H. at a West Houston Waffle House Saturday night--he'd been at the Sealy drag-strip.

Thanks JR for noticing the way I drove Mark. Not only is he a good friend but a great competitor as well. I would thing he would drive me the same way if the roles were reversed.

Txtom, thanks to you too.

Not everyone always has a positive attitude. I just try hard to have one, and not let the little things get to me. I know I just race for the fun, not the money. I think we all know we don't make a living racing.

Archived