trans/rear gear combo

tps22

Do you know what the final drive # you want to run at a particular

track? or is that what you are trying to figure out? The final drive number you get by multiplying the tranny gear X the rear end gear. But you need to have an idea of the final gear number you want first then work back to it by figuring what gear combo you have that will get you tou that number. You should also know what the top RPM you can get out of yor motor. Call me if you need some more help.

22 sas 273 rear 198 second pinto trans or 380 and third gear mustang trans [.kyle ]one car iknow ran 300 in second gear pinto trans cant tell you what we run in ours on any track sorry so figure those out . 48 is right you have to figure what rpm your motor can handle

sas our rpm is between 7500.8400 . kyle 8200 8500 top end .

rear ends you count the ring gear

x to the pinion count

that will give you rear out put . mark a spot on the front and rear spline of the trasmission .rotate counter clockwise 21 rotations rear spline of trans and if your mark on front spline is 7/8 s around to your mark .it is a198 trans in second gear .if it 1/4 or so past it is a 214

second gear thats a mustang trans .you can ckeck third

gear the same way

I have a transmission and complete motor that I need some help to id them. the transmission has a tag on it with the following numbers E72R-7003-AA REP-AP 13-52-162 12635 J2762 it also says Borg Warner 13-52-066-919. The engine block has E72E-6015-BA . This is a Ford 2.3 efi engine possibly a 92 or newer model by the looks of the motor mounts which are a little different from the older 2.3. Thank you, Gage.

tps 22, we ran a 3rd gear 4speed transmission at kyle and sa speedway. they make two different gear ratio transmissions. you want a 1.368 3rd gear trans.

in sa we ran a 380 rear end gear. 8in rear end.

in kyle we ran a 462 rear end gear. 8in rear end.

we turned about 8000 rpm in sa

we turned aout 8300 rpm in kyle

it worked well in the 30 car

email me if you need any help randy.lee@calibercollision.com

Starting from scratch is hard, you have to make some assumptions about top speed to get in the ball park. If you have run a given track before and have some numbers to start with it is easy to adjust for different engine or tire combinations.

Knowing what we ran for RPM, tire diameter and gear ratio I figure as a start for San Antonio 90 MPH is a reasonable target top end. Assume a 72" circumference tire then 63360 inches per mile. Crunch - Crunch.. and get wheel RPM = 1320

Target engine speed = X

overall gear = X/1320

We have a low RPM motor so for us, ideal is ~4.94, the best we can do with what we have is 4.266 final and 1.269 third or 5.41 overall or choose fourth at .966 for 4.12 overall..

Tire sizes make a difference, within the Hoosiers we normally get you can run anywhere from 68" to 73" diameter. Disregarding stagger, you can get ~400 RPM difference between running the shortest tire and the tallest tire..

did i not say back then there was no restricter and weight

pinalty then .so we all are close when your act is together.id say yah be up there.we hope to be up front .when its all said and done on the 15 th .jessie has no points so we have to start in the back somewhere. we,ll see.so i have to dot all the t.s the pressures on me to get the car up to par .but i love that kind of pressure.

Archived