An IDEA for ROMCO

Jason

Jason,

One of the major problems with converting the engines in an existing series has been clearly pointed out. With the stroke of the rule-writer's pen, thousands of dollars of invested by the teams evaporates into thin air -- or finds new life as a boat anchor.

If crate engines were to be utilized in Texas, it would have to be in a new class or new touring series. But last time I checked Texas has more than its share of touring series. And I think that is happening at HMS, right?

Nick Holt

I'm not a horsepower expert but with the right crate motor package could there be a way to run both types of motors. I know ther used to be a dirt LM series hat did that. Reguler motors had weight penalties and bigger spoilers. Crate motors got a weight break and better body rules. Not sayin that it would work here, but I mean they allow old racetruck in TSRS still, right. Maybe even change the tires depending on what motor you have. just my thoughts on this.

:) Wildracer5 the SUPR series has a spec motor that started out at 8,000 complete about maybe 8-10 years ago,they basically went to a spec head with flat tops I think any camand got to run a 12" tall spoiler and only weigh 2100 lbs,and the rest only get to run a 8" spoiler and weigh more.The spec head concept is being used by several organizations in sprints and late models with basically the same head.

Archived