TEXAS Street Stock Championship Series

I have two questions regarding the proposed TEXAS Street Stock Championship Series.

1. THR and HMP rule differences, what will the official rules be?

THR

HMP

108”

Camaro allowed

Camaro NOT allowed

Body mounted in stock location on the frame

No rule disclosure

Rear spoiler 4 inches tall

Rear spoiler 6 inches tall

Engine mounted in stock location

#1 spark plug even with ball joint

Cutting for fuel pump NOT allowed

Cutting for fuel pump allowed

Firewall can NOT be move for engine clearance

Firewall can be move for engine clearance

NO after market upper a-frames allowed

After market upper a-frames allowed

Slider type rear spring shackles or mounts are NOT allowed

Slider type rear spring shackles or mounts are allowed

Adjustable spring shackles may be used, and they do NOT have to be the same setting on both the right and the left.

Adjustable spring shackles may be used

Ride height 4 ½ inches

Ride height 5 inches

3300 pounds

3200 pounds

Roll cage thickness 1 5/8 inches

Roll cage thickness 1 1/2 inches

62cc chevy heads

68cc chevy heads

All other 57cc heads

All other 68cc heads

Marine intake allowed

Marine intake NOT allowed

Third link and pan hard bar allowed

Stock mounted rear ends only

2. If the following adjustments are allowed on leaf spring cars, why aren’t coil spring cars allowed jacking bolts? Seems to me that these adjustments are a type of jacking bolt, it's not as if jacking bolts are expensive.

Slider type rear spring shackles or mounts are NOT allowed

Adjustable spring shackles may be used, and they do NOT have to be the same setting on both the right and the left.

Adjustable spring shackles may be used

I didn't include CC San Antonio, since I wasn't sure if their were any dates schedualed for those track. :D

This is purely a guess on my part, but since HMP doesn't have a SS class (they run hobby stocks), I'm thinking the rules will be closer to the THR rules.

I think these races were aimed at the THR Street Stocks, but I'm not certain. That's just what it seemed like when I listened to the announcement on the M-zone show last weekend.

BTW, the THR cars cannot run leaf spring sliders, but adjustable shackles are allowed this year.

This is purely a guess on my part, but since HMP doesn't have a SS class (they run hobby stocks), I'm thinking the rules will be closer to the THR rules.

You're right, but if you compare the rules from both division and apply the more liberal rules you get a good amount of HMP rules. They might be called hobby stocks, but when compared to the THR hobby stock rules they are more like street stocks.

THR

HMP

108”

Camaro allowed

No rule disclosure on mounting the body

Rear spoiler 6 inches tall

#1 spark plug even with ball joint

Cutting for fuel pump allowed

Firewall can be move for engine clearance

After market upper a-frames allowed

Ride height 4 ½ inches

3200 pounds

Roll cage thickness 1 5/8 inches

62cc chevy heads

All other 57cc heads

Marine intake allowed

Third link and pan hard bar allowed

The HMP Hobby Stocks are very similar to the Houston Dirt Hobby Stocks. This is the first year and we are learning, but we felt we could attract more dirt cars from houston then cars from out of town.

I’m not disagreeing with the rules, I heard something about the hobby stocks coming from a dirt track. I believe this is a good move by HMP, in my opinion they desperately needed a entry level class. The hobby stock classes at most tracks across the country attract the highest car counts and usually provide the best racing.

Unfortunately, like the late models the tracks can’t seem to play nicely together and have uniform rules that allow racers to race on there off weeks and the big end of the year races at the various track without spending additional money for changes to make their cars legal or competitive. :D

Archived