Here's your chance to help a fellow Texas racer...

rebelracewriter

.....and it won't cost you a dime. I've known Adam for several years, he's a good kid and does quite well despite not being as well funded or equipped as some of the other teams.

Hello, My name Is Adam Epperson; I would like to take a second and explain why you are reading this.  I am a racecar driver, and I have been given an opportunity to pursue a dream of mine to drive in the Nascar series.  I need your help to accomplish this.

I would like to share with everyone a little information about myself.  I am a third generation driver who got his start in Go-karts at a little dirt track called Triple C Raceway in Alvin, Texas at the age of 8.  There, something was born inside me, a taste for victory lane.  I was very successful in Go-karts, winning multiple track championships, a regional championship and a state championship all in IKF.

My need for the checkered flag did not stop there.  At the age of 15 my Dad and I pulled an old 1977 Monte Carlo out of a wrecking yard and built it into a winning racecar.  I ran my first race in Greenville, Texas where I finished 10th.  In only my seventh race in that car in San Angelo, Texas, I got my first win coming from last to take the lead in 8 laps.  That was my first full size racecar and I was old enough to help build and maintain it with my Dad.  We raced all over Texas with lots of success, winning many features at many different tracks.

I started racing IMCA Modifieds at the age of 18.  We had built our own chassis, and were racing at Abilene Speedway. In only my third start in a Modified I took home the checkered flag.  Through the years, I have learned a great deal about what it truly takes to win.  My driving style has been described as aggressively smooth.  Now, at the age of 29, I do my own chassis work, which includes set-ups, maintenance to the car and preparing weekly for racing.  I know what it takes to have a winning car, a winning team and a winning attitude.  I could not have done any of this without my Dad!  He has been beside me from day one, not pushing me, just helping me pursue my dream and for that, I will forever be grateful!  I just want to show the world, with your vote, the same thing that my Dad has always believed in me...That I am a winner!

Voting starts March 28, 2006; please take the time to go to www.racinforalivin.com, and visit the voting board of Rookie Hopefuls and cast your vote for me, Adam Epperson, so I can live my dream. Without you, I will not be able to accomplish my dream of being a Nascar Driver. Thank you for taking the time to read this.  I would be very grateful for your vote to help me pursue my dream.  I want to do it for everyone that has always believed in me…and now that would be you too.

Sincerely,

Adam Epperson