Busy Month of March at San Antonio Raceway

March a Busy Month at San Antonio Raceway

Three Events and Nitro Funny Cars Scheduled this Month

NORWALK, Ohio (March 2, 2006) -- The month of March will keep San Antonio Raceway owners Todd and Judy Zampese plenty busy. The month will kick off with the San Antonio IHRA Junior Nationals event March 4-5 followed by the Division 4 Mr. Gasket Pro-Am Tour season opener, a double-race weekend March 10-12. March will wrap up with the first race of the eMax Drag Racing Series 2006 schedule, the 5th annual Amalie Oil Texas Nationals presented by Ancira Cars, Trucks and RVs and the San Antonio Express-News, March 24-26.

“It is going to be a busy month, but things work out well,” Todd Zampese said. “Really, putting all three events together works for us because it gets our whole staff into national event mode by the time March 24 rolls around.”

The Junior National will take place March 4 with the gates at San Antonio Raceway opening March 3 at 6 p.m. The Division 4 Mr. Gasket Pro-Am Tour event will feature two divisional races in one weekend. Gates open March 10 at noon with racing taking place March 11-12. Also, a Texas Hold ‘em tournament is scheduled for the Pro-Am race weekend…a $4,000 to win event that will cost $125 to buy in. For more details on the tournament be sure to visit www.sanantonioraceway.com.

The Texas Nationals, March 24-26 will feature the return of Torco Racing Fuels Pro Nitro Funny Car (image attached of Bob Gilbertson's car) competition to the eMax Drag Racing Series for the first time in 15 years.

“We’re expecting three great events,” Zampese said. “The juniors are always a lot of fun and we love having them here. The Pro-Am race should be pretty big with the two-race format and the national event, with the Nitro Funny Cars, should be pretty big. We’re just hoping for the driest March in history. No rain.”

For media credentials to the Amalie Oil Texas Nationals or for more information contact Travis Reynolds, (419) 660-4225, treynolds@ihra.com or Mike Perry, (419) 660-4213, mperry@ihra.com.

###

No Kidding,and alot of beef jerky and Mountain Dew.Out of the last 12 days, I've already worked 8 long race days and one of those days had 6 different races.This week has 4 long race days and the week after has another 4 and then the last week of the month on the 21st I move into the Holiday Inn and thats home till the 27th for the Texas Nationals.I have to be at the Nationals early in the week,one of my duties are to park all the big rigs in the pits.Gotta Love It.Never know,Maybe I'll get a writeup in Drag Review Magazine since Travis Reynolds and I are sharing a room for the week of the Nationals and he's the new media/public relations guy for IHRA.

Archived