FOR THOSE WHO CARE

To who ever has spoken on TSZ about racing in central Texas, lets stop all the rumores, who stole whose cars, the rule of who goes to the back, crankshafts being pulled, time trials, tires on your car, judgement calls, purses, car count, admission for your entertainment, or any other thing that I have read in the last two weeks that makes me sick, because we are all out for the love of our sport.

Being somebody that ran a two car team, my whole dream was to open a race track that was beneficial to racers and fans alike. My goal has not been met. Speaking as a track owner and past car owner, I am trying to do the best I can for participants and fans. So I will open this forum to anyone that has the same LOVE for the sport as I do. On Thursday July 17,2003, I am inviting racers, promoters, track owners, officials, tech. people, series promoters, crew members and fans that have any suggestions on how to help racing in central Texas ( and lets not forget any sponsor that promotes racing in Texas ). This will take place at 6:30pm on the date above at THR garage. The invitaion includes free drinks and BBQ.

If you have the same love for this sport as I do PLEASE come and show your support for racing n Texas!

Sincerely,

Brian Callaway

Owner of THR

That was very well said, this man has opened up his heart and soul to racing and if you all really love racing as much as you say that you do then you will come out and join him on this date, I will also be there. This is a perfect opportunity to say everything that we have wanted to say for a long time. Brian is inviting you ALL to come and state what you believe would make racing better. We have someone who is devoting everything hes got to change this. So come out and say what you feel face to face with people that want to make Central Texas Racing better. If racing is as bad as you say it, then here your chance to change it. Every lil thing counts.

Thanks

Wackyracefan :)

Brian,

Unfortunately I will be out of town on the 17th, but I will be there in spirit.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make your forum a success.

I think some of us racers have earned a reputation for complaining and bickering without coming up with positive suggestions for improvements. From a track owner's perspective we must sound like a bunch of crybabbies. Here's our chance to change that, at least for the night of the 17th. Let's show Brian we LOVE racing as much as he does and that we can all work together to make the track and the sport better for all of us, including the track owner!

So here's the deal.. Don't like something at THR? Just don't whine about it. Come up with a suggestion to make the situation better, bring it to the meeting and be prepared to do you part to make things better.

Nick Holt

P.S. Brian, you might want to limit ups88john to two cases of cold beer... LOL

Thanks Brian for the invitation, however, :( I am out of town with the Revolution Drum and Bugle Corp for final costume fittings before they leave on their national tour. B) So there is no way I can reschedule. :huh: However, I will be there in spirit :rolleyes: and I hope there will be many feasible ideas. If any help is needed in merchandise, please let me know

Christy Ganem

aka Mitchellracer

Bowlers Choice

Brian said Racing in TEXAS. Not just THR right? Will Mike Sepich and some other track owners/promoters be in attendance? I think that would be a great forum for a lot of get together and pow-wow. Can you make it Mike? Would like to see a good number of SAS fans and drivers and sponsors there as well.

Zoom,

Not sure about Mr. Sepich, but I hear that the owner of HMS may be at the meeting. I've got another meeting scheduled that night, but I hope to be able to make it. I'm having trouble coming up with too many suggestions. I honestly think the folks at THR are doing a good job with the resources available, but it will be interesting to hear the suggestions of others at the meeting.

cs

Thanks Brian for the invitation, I plan on being there as soon as I am done with another date with my kids at the bowling league night. I have got to say I drive better than I bowl and thats not saying much either way you go! I know you love racing and we all want it to be a success. Good luck and as always I am willing to help anyway I can! Lets not all get to many free drinks put away and loose our minds before we put our ideas on the table. See ya there!

I will say it again; just in case it was not heard the first time I said this.

I want to thank Brain and all who is evolved at THR for their wiliness to put themselves on the line week after week for an ass chewing. It takes a good person to put up with it, and still come back for more the next week. Brain Thank you for building a racetrack where all of us (racers) have a place to race. Weather some of the races appreciate it or not. I do, and know others that do as well. Thanks for all the hard work and effort that is put into it.

I will not be able to attend the meeting, as I have a work committment that I cannot change or reschedule. I wish those who attend the best of luck and I hope you come up with some productive ideas.

Brian, Mike, and Graham,

I know I am just one of many with an opinion. Everyone's got one.

Here is an idea I hope you guys discuss at the next meeting(s).

I have not always agreed with the management at CCSpeedway. However, their car counts are still up while the other tracks are struggling. It seems they are doing something right.

Ok. Keep your lm classes. On the other classes. Make them "mirror" the ccspeedway rules. This will keep the price down. Why not follow a track that has done something right? You keep the cost down and then you get higher car counts.

Thanks,

Jason

Guest The_Greek

i will not be able to attend, but would like to put in my suggestion, personally i havent attended any races at THR this year, and most of last year, im fed up with driving over 3 hours to watch follow the leader racing, im especially referring to when ROMCO runs there, something has to be done about the track, i have heard numerous rumors that some modifications will be done, but nothing yet. if something cant be done about the track, why not invert the whole field?? just like the old days...high point drivers or fast qualifiers to the back!! that should pack them in from miles away :)

if you put on a good show, the rest of it will take care of itself. then u wouldnt have to have these meetings

Archived