where is the track

ricky schroat

sandersracing's directions are good if you want to go I-35. I can't remember the exit number either, but it is Ft Hood/Killeen around Georgetown.

When I lived in San Antonio I liked going up 281 better. Take 281 North to Lampasses, hang a right, East, on 190 and take it in through Copperas Cove. You will go "in between" Ft Hood, and then look for the Clear Creek Exit. Turn Right on Clear Creek and take it to the stop lights (Stan Schlueter Loop). Hang a Left and the track will be about 2 miles on your right. Look for the Silver Wing Saloon. Track is behind it. About 148 miles from South San Antonio (Brooks) going 281. Going that way you miss all the traffic in Austin, and it is the only way to go in my opinion.

Check the web site at http://www.texasthunder.com/. Come on up and see some great racing. Opening race is March 25th and gates open at 6:00 PM and races start at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $10 adults and $3 kids 6-12 and all others free.

Come on up and please tell em that Sarge sent ya.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway Co-Announcer

P.S. I still do the 281 route, only now I go hwy 16 from Kerrville to Fredricksburg, then 290 to Johnson City and then get on 281. It is still 148 miles to the track :lol:

Archived