CC Speedway

Sanders

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that Slick in the 24 at Texas World?

That 24 rear shot is Slick, and it is about 1981 or '82.

I have a nice side shot of that car taken at Longhorn; I'll try to scan it and post it here.

The first post has an interesting pic in it; I believe the 74 on the top left is the old Freddy Fryar #14 Nova, driven here by Phil Lyall. The Lyall brothers in Houstton bought the car, and later converted it to run the Super Stock class in the TROC races. Believe it or not, the car is still in their possession in Houston.

The 06 of Jerry Edwards looks like the old Labonte car.

Is this not the car Slick won the championship at San Antonio in 1979 in? Owned by Gary Cheathem.

I also think it is the one Slick put over the turn one fence at San Antonio; the first guy to go out of the place.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is that Slick in the 24 at Texas World?

That 24 rear shot is Slick, and it is about 1981 or '82.

I have a nice side shot of that car taken at Longhorn; I'll try to scan it and post it here.

Tom, some of us are still waiting for that pic at Longhorn of Slick. and any others of course.

That is Lawrence in the # 17 at Texas world speedway.In those older photos above I believe that # 32 is the Late Bill Garnett and the # 66 is Nook Salgee if the spelling is correct.Freddie Barnec also drove the # 50 Car for a while but most of the time he drove the orange # 99.

Archived