Caster/camber plates

Pappy_GT13

BESIDES CHANGING THE SPRING RATE....TELL ME WHAT ADVANTAGE A AFTERMARKET SPRING HAS OVER A STOCK SPRING. AS LONG AS THE SPRING IS STOCK STYLE AND IS STOCK APEARING.

I UNDERSTAND IF YOU PUT IN A SET OF HYPERCOILS IN PLACE OF A STOCK SPRING THEN THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE BUT, AS LONG AS THE SPRING IS STOCK STYLE AND STOCK APEARING I DONT SEE ANY ADVANTAGE. AT LEAST IF WE WERE ABLE TO PURCHASE AFTER MARKET SPRINGS WE WOULD BE ABLE TO DIAL IN OUR SPRING RATES EASIER THAN DIGGING AROUND A JUNKYARD AND GUESSING WHAT THE RATE IS UNTIL WE GET IT CHECKED BY A SPRING RATE TESTER. AND THE COST OF AFTERMARKETS ARE MUCH CHEAPER THAN GENUINE OEM SPRINGS THAT HAVE TO BE SPECIAL ORDERED.

The longer we discuss these issues, the more obvous it is that we should have changed the rules to allow weight and claimer to answer the questions. I already know of one car that has welded mounts and won't be able to run. Why are we worried about whose car has what set-up? Put em ALL on street tires and go racin'. We're dwindling car count daily. We're down from 21 to about 15 now. Thats the wrong direction.

Can somebody tell me what the difference is in a 12 inch tall 300# spring from Afco and a 12 inch tall 300# spring from a junkyard. It still acts the same on the car doesn't it. Who really cares where it came from. If you buy a spring rater and buy all your springs from a junkyard that is almost as good a racing spring. Maybe the rule should say spring needs to be atleast 20 years old, will that take the grey area out of that rule.

MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT EXACTLY ADDRESSES THE SPRING ISSUE

I know Frank, my point was who cares where the spring came from. I don't race the class but trying to give everyone something to think about.

I agree when it comes to springs there is no difference as long as they are stock apearing and stock style

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE UNLESS YOU CHANGE TO A SPRING THAT IS NOT STOCK APEARING.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 2/8/06]

You guys need to stop talkin about springs and start thinkin about wings. Its not caster or camber or even springs, its wings! Big ol double decker buffet style wings mounted on the back of the cars. Plus they are cool looking LOL! Neon Will

Just got word that altered front strut mounts and solid engine mounts are going to be legal because many cars are already that way and CCMS does not want to cause hardships for those teams.As far as springs,the burden of proof is on the teck man,I think its like Clintons gay army:dont ask and dont tell.Dont expect to use coilovers though.Thats only my opinion on the spring thing.Stock Car Racing Magazine has a feature on springs in the Jan 06 edition on page 60 for those who really want to know the difference in stock springs and racing springs.I personally dont care what others do.Only what they do onto me. Thumper :ph34r:

Archived