News Crew at SAS

HORSEPOWER

Does anybody remember when a local news station crew(KSAT) was at Hi-way 16 filming I guess a news shot during a racing event and when they left, they flipped the news van on the cross over on 16. What was the year and what event was going on that brought them there? I know the anchorman got hurt.

• 6 months later...

I would love to hear when that happened. My father was a reporter and anchor for KSAT for maaaany years. After I got off of active duty the first time, I actually ended up as a photographer for KSAT and had to go down and shoot a few races after the death of Dale Sr. If anyone remembers this, please let me know as I probably know the people involved and never had a good chance to harass them about it.

• 1 year later...

when nick had the track my wife scored for him ..after the races were over a really bad wreck happend outside the track . two poeple were killed . they lost control and hit a pickup hauling a race car ..went right between the truck and car ..if i remember correct the racecar was thrown off the trailor onto the highway . both deceased poeple in the car were drunk ..i heard this was the first night for this racecar driver.. does anyone know what ever happend to this young racer ..

Archived