Freeman named IHRA Division 4 Starter

Frank Kohutek,IHRA Division 2,4, & 5 Director,has named San Antonio Raceways, Tommy Freeman,51, of Austin as Starter for IHRA Hooters Drag Racing Series Division 4.The Division includes 12 dragstrips in Texas and 2 in Oklahoma.Freeman's schedule will be busy for the 2006 racing season, which he is slated to start 147 races and more could be added.Kicking of his season in big style will be the Top Alcohol Tuneup for dragsters and funny cars in mid February,followed by the IHRA Jr Dragster Nationals.In March,the Division 4 IHRA Pro-Am,followed by the Amalie Oil Texas Nationals.Other IHRA events on Freemans list include The Ironman Classic's-The Nights of Fire-IHRA Kumbo Tire Streetwarz and the IHRA Team Bracket Finals.Non IHRA events Freeman has scheduled are the Super Chevy Show Drags,The Clash of The Titans Outlaw Street Nationals,The Supra/Viper Nationals,and The State of Texas All Harley Drags.Freeman said ,"I'm really looking foward to this year,going to different tracks,different states,and I can't Thank Todd and Judy Zampese at my home track, enough, and Frank for giving me the chance to go with IHRA and follow my dreams".Freeman said there was one thing that stuck out in his mind when he thanked his boss for giving him time off to work with IHRA and it made him feel like he earned this chance,Freeman's quote was"Todd,thanks for letting me do this gig with IHRA-and Todd's response was "You cant just stick anybody up on the line,they got to know what they're doing"